We recently got married in Marylebone so finding a hotel nearby was a priority. We chose No.Ten Manchester street, primarily because it ticked all the boxes in terms of good food, clean and spacious rooms and had the added bonus of a heated cigar terrace for those smokers in the wedding party. (Take note that the terrace closes at 10pm though).
From start to finish, the staff went beyond the call of duty in terms of service. They helped to arrange cars, set aside a space for a drinks reception and were very patient with requests such as getting shirts ironed, bringing in extra chairs and even made up our bed with rose petals on our return from the ceremony.
All the guests in our group had lovely rooms. We had a junior suite which included a lovely little sitting-room area and had all the mod cons you would want.
Breakfast was very well organised, with a waiter bringing hot beverages and cooked food, and there was a lovely selection of fruit juices, cereals and pastries if you wanted them.
The only reason I am not giving five stars is because some of the guests found the drinks in the bar to be a little too expensive (not overly surprising for London though), and there isn't an actual bar to be seen - you order your drinks and then the staff disappear to make it and bring it to you...on a couple of occasions this took quite a bit of time and there was a mix up with who ordered what. Also, there were a couple of issues with checking in and rooms not being ready in time, but we put this down to the hotel being so busy that weekend as I believe there was also another wedding party in there at the same time.
If you are planning a long weekend in London then I highly recommend this hotel for comfort, cleanliness and convenience to all the major shopping and tourist hot spots. Marylebone high street is just a 3 minute walk around the corner and there are some supermarkets around there where you could stock up on your own drinks if you wanted to keep it a bit cheaper.
We will definitely go back, and just as a quick tip - make sure you book in advance to take full advantage of the discounted advance booking price.
Thanks to all the staff that helped us to make our weekend so special.
- Also Known As:
- No. Ten Manchester Street Hotel London
- No. Ten Manchester Street Hotel
- No. 10 Manchester Street
- No. Ten Manchester Street London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten Manchester Street is a boutique hotel in Marylebone with 45 unique bedrooms housed in a beautiful Edwardian building.The hotel is located within 5 minutes walking distance of Baker Street station and 10 minutes walking from Oxford street and Bond Street station.Ten Manchester Street Hotel also boasts a walk-in 'Hunters & Frankau' designed humidor, all-weather cigar terrace and a Cigar Shop and indoor Tasting Room, offering a comprehensive range of hand-rolled Havanas plus many other famous Cuban marques.Our exclusive Dieci Restaurant, serving modern Italian cuisine, is the perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself with rare fine wines and a selection of menus, including our famous Afternoon Tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your No. Ten Manchester Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.