“Oustanding Quality B&B - It's better than a hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Stables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Old Stables
You added The Old Stables to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1 Bridle Lane | St. Margarets, Twickenham, London TW13EG, England   |
Ranked #106 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Stoke-on-Trent
“Oustanding Quality B&B - It's better than a hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This really is a great place to stay. I would recommend to anyone who likes the idea of a very comfortable room with a quality finish. The keypad access to the room was great for me as i could arrive and depart as early as i like. The only drawback would be the footstep noises from upstairs. The kitchen in a cupboard was convienient and provided continental breakfast (toast / cereal / yoghurt). This was plenty and if you were on a budget i think you could have had these for dinner too! I've stayed in plenty of hotels for business and what makes this stand out is the quality of the items they leave for you to eat / drink and use. Honestly, if you had forgot all your toiletries then this place had the lot ! The tube is a one minute walk away and everyone was quite friendly. I'd stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I stayed at The Old Stable on a trip to London. It is by far the best Band B experience I have ever had no landlady to answer to, great fresh breakfast to eat at my leisure, freedom to come and go as I pleased. The decor is really stylish no chinz. The room and en-suit bathroom were both spotless, bedlinen and towels both fresh and beautifully pressed.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Boscastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I have stayed at the Old Stables several times, January 09 being the most recent. The rooms are clean, bright, well appointed and fully equipped. The self service breakfast is a great idea, its convenient and caters for all pallets. I would recommend the Old Stables time and time again and will definitely be returning whenever I need a place to stay in the London area

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Not normally one to write reviews but after reading the comments from bandit7 I felt I really had to! The Old Stables has to be one of the most stylish B&B's I've ever seen but I guess if your looking for the traditional Eastbourne style B&B owned by a little old lady who serves tea and greasy breakfast and locks the door at 10pm sharp then it's not for you!
This B&B is located right in the heart of St.Margarets with easy access to both Twickenham and Richmond. It's decor is very stylish/contemporary and all fittings are pretty high spec. In terms of self service, yes it is but thats one of the bonuses of the place. The doors are operated on a keypad panel so you need a code which your'e given and your'e left to your own devices without interuptions from any landladys/lords. You can come and go as you please with no time restrictions etc. You will not get a greasy breakfast served and this is made clear on their literature, instead you have your own fridge/kettle/toaster - tea & coffee etc.
To sum up this is a little hidden gem and far exceeds my expectations of a B&B. I live locally and have used it several times to put friends and family up and would have no hesitation in reccomending it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

Wow...what a modern style cottage in the back streets of such a beautiful village and walking distance to Richmond.
We were given codes to our room which we thought was a great idea as it made us feel like the place was our own. The room was lovely and tidy with comfy beds, the fridge was full with a variety of drinks, had plenty of cereal to choose from, fresh bread and a toaster so we were happy with what we had for breakfast. The room also had a dvd player, ipod docking station and TV. I found the manager to be very helpful with all the questions I had (very knowlegable on the area). I definitley would stay again infact we are planning to come in the summer and stay as it is in a great location for commuting.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

Is a bed and Breakfast with a self catering style! You book the room, then on day of arrival someone rings you with the codes for the front door and bedroom door. The place is owned by a pilot,has a manager who then has a girl to do the contact with. You dont see anyone and money is left in the room for the cleaner to collect and I think thats all the cleaner does!! On arrival,in a great location, we find that our bedroom door cannot be locked so have to ring girl, to find out that she is not able to come straight away so have to leave the room unlocked. The room needed a good clean, the carpets are heavily stained and grubby.The toilet had not been cleaned nor had the tiles. There was no soap at the sink just hair shampoo.Breakfast is supplied in a concealed servery containing a refrigerator, kettle and toaster. All the cups, plates and cutlery were dirty and chipped and the fridge was horrible!!! Despite complaining about the dirty bathroom it was not cleaned when she came to fix the door!Such a shame because it spoiled our stay and I am sure we are not the first to complain as they were more than happy to reduce our bill!! Definately would not go back here

• Liked — the outside and the location
  • Disliked — the dirty room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jenny1976, Manager at The Old Stables, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
After finding this review told to me by a guest that is coming to stay, we are very upset what she has to say is over the top! We run a very small B&B and everyone who comes to stay enjoys there stay and I will now ask them to put there comment on trip adviser and everyone can see for themselves. Many Thanks, Jenny, Manager.

Been to The Old Stables? Share your experiences!