“Good hotel, great breakfast, boring location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Paddington

You added Novotel London Paddington to your Saves list
Novotel London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Kingdom Street, Sheldon Square, London W2 6BD, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #281 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ruhr Valley
“Good hotel, great breakfast, boring location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at Novotel Paddington on a weekend trip to London.

The hotel was quite easy to find. Use exit 3 (Grand Union Canal) from Paddington station and then follow the signs to Sheldon Square.

The area around the hotel is a boring business district and was very quiet on the weekend (this might be an issue for single female travelers). It´s about 5-10 mins walk to Paddington Station where you find a lot of shops, pubs, restaurants, etc.

The hotel is bright, new and clean. Staff was always friendly and competent. We had a room on the fourth floor overlooking the motorway, but nevertheless it was very quiet.

For three adults, the room was a bit on the small side. It was very clean, the decor´s nice. There is not very much storage space. The fold-out sofa was comfortable enough.
Nice bathroom with shower and bath. The toilet is separate.

The breakfast buffet is really great. It was included in our rate, otherwise it´s £20. There is a hot buffet, lots of fresh fruits, different breads, cereals and a good choice of drinks.

We didn´t use the spa or restaurant, so I can´t comment on this.

I´d definitely book Novotel Paddington again if I get a good rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We are indeed located in Paddingotn Central, which is a fairly recent mixed use development with a number of offices, which means that it's a quiet environment during the week end.
I would like to emphasise that it is a very safe and secure environment as there is 24 hour security in the area and we have never had any incidents reported.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed breakfast and would like to confirm that if not included in the room rate, breakfast if £15.95 per person with an option to book it online for less than £10, which makes it a really worthwhile considering the large choice on offer.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Guillaume Rapin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We really rate Novotels and this was no exception. A great location, good sized room for London, and convenient location near to Paddington tube and mainline stations. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant (after walking out of Tate Modern's restaurant!) and had a lovely meal at a reasonable price. Breakfast was also very good.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It's always a real pleasure to receive such positive feedback and it highlights that the training we do with the team works.

Many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - about 10 mins walk from Paddington station (where you can get the Heathrow express, national rail trains and the Bakerloo, District, Circle and Hammersmith & City tube trains). It's in an area surrounded by new office and apartment blocks, overlooking the A40 and next to Regents Canal, with only a 5 mins walk to the local coffee and grocery shops. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet, thanks to the soundproofing, but it was on the expensive side, particularly as wifi wasn't included in the price. The breakfast was also expensive, so we decided against it. We had some issues with the customer service - although the staff member which checked us in was friendly and polite she supplied us with a form to complete which contained another guest's personal information. We were also allocated an accessibility room which sadly meant that neither of us were unable to take a bath.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel.

I am sorry that my team provided you with incorrect information on your arrival documents. I have shared this with my reception manager to ensure this does not happen again.

With regards to Wifi, we do have complimentary access throughout the building and in addition, we also have a paying offer for higher speed and download capacity.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future,

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had intended to stay at St. Pancras and realised at check-in that I had actually booked Paddington. Reluctantly, I went to Paddington and found the trip easy to make on the Underground and found an extremely friendly welcome. They also have a swimming pool and fitness centre and the rooms are larger than at St. Pancras.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and I was really pleased to read that your stay with us was a nice surprise!
I hope you will continue to book with us in Paddington, knowing how easy it is to get to the hotel from St Pancras,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years for both business and pleasure.
The location is excellent, especially if flying into Heathrow as it is an easy 10 minute stroll from the Heathrow Express, out of the back of Paddington Station.
As it is so close to Paddington with its many underground/train connections it is a good location to travel around London from.
The location is very much a business district, busy during weekdays, but quiet at the weekends.
The rooms are spotless, well equipped with an excellent shower. Breakfast is good with plenty of choice (with the exception of the tea - which is not so good).
The hotel staff are extremely polite and always willing to help with advice on where to go and the best way to get there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It's always good to receive comments of someone who stays with us on a regular basis - and it's even nicer when the comments emphasise the consistency of our service.

Many thanks for having taken the time to write about the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My first stay here; was here for 7 nights, mostly for work. Staff is very friendly and attentive, rooms are great and very clean. On the first day I discovered that a previous guest had drank half a bottle of sparkling water from the mini-bar and had put it back in the mini bar. When I took it downstairs, they were genuinely embarrased that they had missed that.
This hotel is very close to Paddington railway (and tube) station and very easy to reach with the Heathrow express which runs every day, every 20 minutes or so. Close to the hotel is a good supermarket, a Starbucks and, during weekdays, several excellent breakfast- and lunch shops (Pret a Manger and Tossed for instance)
The only thing that I would like to see improved is the very strange rule that you have to come to the reception to get a new card for the gym- and pool facilities every day. I get that they want you to fill in some health form so that they are not liable but after that I found it a real hassle to have to make that little trip every morning and I did it 7 times.... It's the first time that I encounter this in a hotel.
The other thing is that I could observe that the gym is just too small; every morning between 6 and 7 I saw people coming to the gym and then having to leave because all the machines were occupied; the capacity of the gym is really too low.

I saw a remark that one of the reviewers made about the price of the hotel. I would have to agree that this is a really pricey hotel, so this is not the place to be if you are looking for a bargain.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for having taken the time to write a review. I was obviously thrilled to read you had a great stay over the seven days you stayed with us.

I am truly sorry for the minibar issue and I have reinforced this with my team.

Regarding your comments on the access to the gym, I am working with my Health and Safety manager to find an alternative way to monitor the gym in order to keep it a safe environment for users.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and never had any cause for complaint other than the reception area always seems to be busy and the queue too long.
Other than that a good location away from the noise of central London.
Rooms clean, bed comfortable.
I would suggest paying the supplement for Executive room and a high floor which tends to be quieter.

Room Tip: High floors offer good views and are quiet in the main!