In the last 4 years, we have stayed at 1 Harrington Gardens apartments 3 times for a week each. We repeated for the following reasons:
1. Superb location: 2 minutes walk to Tube station, bus stop and supermarket.
2. Professional, helpful and pleasant staff.
3. Well designed and equipped kitchen with frig, oven, 4 burner stove, micro, water boiler for tea and coffee, adequate utensils, fresh dish towels every day, good lighting. Lacks only freezer and coffee-maker (but they might have a coin op machine in the staff break room in the basement we were told)
4. Very high ceilings.
5. Free wifi
6. Large screen TV in both Bed and Living rooms.
7. Lovely fresh towels every day
8. Large windows that allow the apartment much natural light and air.
9. Large rooms (for London/ Europe)
10. Corridors and lobby have been renovated and are pleasant and clean.
11. Reasonable rates (for London)
Why we will NOT repeat:
1. The faux “leather” white furniture that needed to be replaced at our first visit in 2011 is now worn, torn and too filthy to sit on. That leaves one chair since the back on one of the 2 dining chairs is broken and one topples over if one leans back too far.
2. The living room floor is horribly scratched and dirty.
3. The desk or work station that used to be in the living room is gone, but its “shadow” remains on the wall.
4. The very ugly dark brown draperies are off track and require an unavailable tall ladder to fix. This means that the blackout drapes in the bed room do not fulfill their purpose. One black out drape in the living room was missing.
5. We asked for a quiet room in the back as we have had before. Instead we got a very noisy one fronting the intersection of the 2 main streets making sleep difficult. Admittedly, we arrived very early and only had to wait 1.5 hours. We thought we reserved a king bed but got what passes for a double in Europe with ill fitting sheets.
6. For the first five days of our stay, we had to call the desk several times/day to get the router reset so we could have internet access. It was stable the last 2 days.
7. The toilet, in addition to being the most uncomfortable on the planet, required the experience of a master plumber and/or multiple flushes to function properly.
It is sad that a facility with such “good bones” and infrastructure should be taken down by faults that are so easy and inexpensive to remedy. New furniture and draperies, sand the floor, a coffee maker. So simple to make 1 Harrington Gardens apartments good value for money again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in chic South Kensington, just 2 minutes' walk from Gloucester Road station and with many shops and a wide variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, The Harrington - 1 Harrington Gardens is a collection of spacious serviced apartments including Studio Apartments, One Bedroom Apartments and Two Bedroom Apartments. Designed and furnished in a contemporary style, your serviced apartment provides much more space and many more facilities than a London hotel room at excellent value in one of the best central London locations. Travel direct to other parts of central London as well as from London Heathrow and from the Gatwick Express at Victoria Station. Most of London's main museums, the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park and exclusive shopping in Knightsbridge are all within walking distance. Your apartment is air conditioned and has a comfortable lounge and dining area, a well equipped kitchen or kitchenette and has flat screen TV with satellite channels and newly boosted free Wifi. Make The Harrington - 1 Harrington Gardens your London address. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avni Luxury Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- The Harrington London, England