“A few days in London for Work and Personal Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Harrington

You added The Harrington to your Saves list
The Harrington
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1 Harrington Gardens | South Kensington, London SW7 4JJ, England (Formerly Avni Luxury Serviced Apartments) (South Kensington)   |
Ranked #108 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Toronto, Canada
“A few days in London for Work and Personal Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

recently visited London for a few days of personal time and work. Decided this time to stay in a different part of the city then usual. Found this location on Trip Advisor and thought it sounded nice. In the end it was beyond nice, it was excellent. Very nice flat that was well appointed. Close to significant Tube Line and top notch museum in short walking distance. The 5 nights stay was much better than a traditional hotel stay and value for value. Will not hesitate to stay here and in this area again given the commuting convenience. Staff were very friendly and helpful as well rounding out the stay.

Think of this location for your next visit to London!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MatthewBrooks, General Manager at The Harrington, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Our thanks to this guest for taking the time to review his stay at The Harrington and it is a pleasure for the whole team to know that he so much enjoyed it.

Location is a very often repeated high point of staying at The Harrington, so I rarely pick up on it when replying, but it is one of the most important considerations when choosing where to stay in central London. There are few areas of London which better combine easy travel to everywhere else in central London along with an almost village-like feel.

I have passed along the comment about the staff to all of the team and it is very rewarding for them all to know that the quality of service here contributed to well to this guest's stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed from Saturday 29th until Monday 31st March. Check-in is clean and welcoming. We had booked a studio, but got a one bed apartment. There was plenty of space and the cooking facilities are good. There was plenty of space to sit in the living/dining area for ourselves and our son, who stayed for a meal on both nights as he lives in London. Very convenient for bus/tube, local shops, pubs etc.
Okay, there was some water damage on part of the ceiling that could have been painted over and the shower is a bit small, but really can't complain. Would certainly use again.

Room Tip: Great for couples
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
My sincere thanks to these guests for taking the time to review The Harrington.

This review is especially helpful as it highlights many of the advantages - from actually practical experience and not our own sales pitch - of choosing a serviced apartment over a cramped hotel room. The facilities and space are much greater and the opportunity to cook meals and entertain simply do not exist in a hotel.

Our apologies for the water damage mentioned and this has, of course, since been re-painted as a part of our on-going maintenance schedule.

We very much look forward to welcoming these guests back to The Harrington again very soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in a one bedroom flat. The flat was large, especially for London standards, and came with a full kitchen. It was a very comfortable set up. Somewhat surprisingly, there was daily housekeeping service. Location is great - only one block from the Gloucester Road tube stop and there are numerous restaurants, pubs and supermarkets within a few minutes walk. One thing that can be improved is the laundry facilities. There is only one washer and dryer int he basement and it cost five pounds for the wash and at least two pounds to dry. Other apartments that I have stayed in London either offer the washer and dryer for free or for one pound each.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
This is a very helpful review - for me and the rest of the team but also for clients considering staying at The Harrington. We are delighted to know that this guest so enjoyed his stay with us.

I really appreciate the feedback on all points and I certainly will review the charges on the washing machine and dryer. It is our intention, as a part of our ongoing development programme, to place a washer/dryer in each apartment - something we feel that is essential - and these will, of course, be free to use. I hope that these will be installed during the course of this Summer, although there are factors that could delay that into the Autumn.

My thanks again for the feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming this guest back to The Harrington again soon.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great things:

1. The room I had was a studio and very very spacious

2. The guy at the reception was very nice and let me check in early. Flights coming in from Asia arrive early in the morning and often with other hotels I have to hang around until at least noon to get in my room. That is really not convenient when I have business meetings in the afternoon. I was very glad that I could get in my room as soon as I arrived

3. It has a small kitchenette

4. The shower was strong and bathroom was spacious

3. Location was excellent excellent excellent

Not so great things:

1. My room was in the basement level and it was actually quite noisy. Fortunately I was so sleepy I just slept through the night. Not great for light sleepers.

2. The bed was not particularly comfortable. Again I was so sleepy I just crashed as soon as I hit the pillow. On a normal day, I would not have slept well.

I would definitely stay here again but will remember to request a higher floor room (even though it seems like other travelers who stayed on a higher floor also complained about the noise)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
My thanks to this guest for taking the time to post a review on his stay here.

We are not sticklers for the official check in time of 2.00 p.m.: if we know that guests are arriving on early flights we always do our best to provide the apartment as early as we can - bearing in mind that check out time is 11.00 a.m. and time is needed to fully service the apartment before the next stay. Happily, in this case, the apartment had been vacant the night before.

I very much appreciate the feedback on the two not so great aspects of this client's stay and we have taken action to resolve one of the issues already.

We very much look forward to welcoming this guest back to The Harrington very soon and, as always, we will aim to earn a better endorsement than "good enough".
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend. The location is perfect. Very close to the tube station and lots of cafes, restaurants and shops in the neigbourhood. Walking distance to the Hyde Park and the museums.
The staff was very service minded and helpful and created a good atmosphere.
I had a one bed room flat. The bathroom was in a mint condition.
Improvents could be nicer furniture in the sitting room. The dimmer in the bedroom did not work and the light above the kitchenette did not work. I did not report it but I am sure they would have dealt with it if I had.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
MatthewBrooks, General Manager at The Harrington, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Our sincere thanks to this guest for the review and I am delighted to know that she so enjoyed her stay with us and all the benefits of this very central location.

It was especially rewarding to read the comment about the team - we have given them a lot of help lately with additional guest service training and it is very cheering to know that this shows through so well.

My apologies for the faulty dimmer and light. I have, of course, investigated in response to this feedback and have verified that these two issues had been resolved.

In the meantime, we very much look forward to welcoming this guest back to The Harrington again soon.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

First time but not the last time staying at the Harrington. We book a last minute overnight trip into London for a group of 3 and reserved a one bedroom apartment. We mentioned in our booking that we needed a roll away bed but at the check-in desk the agent upgraded our group to a two bedroom apartment.

The location of the building is fantastic. It is a three minute walk to the tube and there are plenty of shops and restaurants on your doorstep.

The apartment itself was large with one ensuite bedroom with all toiletries and plenty of towels provided. Kitchen has all the utensils and dinnerware that you would need.

Only downside a pretty cramped elevator.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
It was a delight to read this review and I am very happy that we were able to provide an upgrade for these guests during the quieter period, which reflects our service ethic.

We were discussing whether we should provide more utensils in each kitchen internally just before seeing this review, which answered the question for us.

It is unfortunate that the lift is as small as it is. We are actively reviewing options there may be to enlarge this but this is clearly not something we can do quickly. In the meantime, we are aiming to add to the staffing, so that we have someone able to bring luggage up for our guests at almost all times of day.
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

First time at the Harrington. Excellent location. Close to the tube and various restaurants. We had a one-bedroom apartment with large living room combined with a Kitchen well equipped on the fifth floor. Bathroom was large. TV sets in both Bed and Living room. The bedroom wasn`t small but with the two king size beds it was difficult to approach one of the beds. The apartment was cleaned every day and linens and towels were changed. We will be booking here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks indeed to this guest for taking the time to review their stay at The Harrington.

It's a real pleasure for all of the team to know that the guests were so happy with their stay - both in respect of the apartment we provided and in respect of the location and its convenience for their time in London.

We very much look forward to welcoming these guests back to The Harrington again soon.

Been to The Harrington? Share your experiences!