First, let me dissuade anyone these are "luxury" in the true sense of the definition. I think "adequate" would be a better description. The apartment I stayed in had a very inconvenient lay-out; a narrow hall way with four doors all opening on to the hallway and the bathroom was tiny; by far the smallest I have ever seen! I am a "seasoned" traveler and prepared for small rooms. The bed was comfortable but you had to be careful trying to get from one side of the bedroom to the other since the passage between the bed and the wall was very narrow and if not careful could easily bang your shoulder on the wall mounted TV. The sofa in the living area was very uncomforatable to sit on for any length of time and as one reviewer stated, the apartments are in need of some refurbishment (scratched floors, burns/stains in the carpet, tears and stains on the sofas, cracks in the walls.) Reception staff was always pleasant and I have no negative comments about them. The housekeeping staff did a better than adequate job and even though the apartments need some refurbishment were clean. The apartment is adequate for a solo traveler, not too sure for more than one person. Location is very good with easy access to Central London. There are three tube stations within walking distance with Glouster road the nearest. Walking distance to the V&A Museum. There is a Waitrose and a Tesco Metro (like a 7-11) for groceries and several excellent restaurants. I would suggest to management they provide directions for the shower, TVs and stove. Found the directions for the microwave after looking all over and it took several tries to figure out how to adjust the temperatiure in the shower and get the TVs to work.
- Also Known As:
- Avni Luxury Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Avni Luxury Serviced Apartments Hotel
- The Harrington London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in chic South Kensington, just 2 minutes' walk from Gloucester Road station and with many shops and a wide variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, The Harrington - 1 Harrington Gardens is a collection of spacious serviced apartments including Studio Apartments, One Bedroom Apartments and Two Bedroom Apartments. Designed and furnished in a contemporary style, your serviced apartment provides much more space and many more facilities than a London hotel room at excellent value in one of the best central London locations. Travel direct to other parts of central London as well as from London Heathrow and from the Gatwick Express at Victoria Station. Most of London's main museums, the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park and exclusive shopping in Knightsbridge are all within walking distance. Your apartment is air conditioned and has a comfortable lounge and dining area, a well equipped kitchen or kitchenette and has flat screen TV with satellite channels and newly boosted free Wifi. Make The Harrington - 1 Harrington Gardens your London address. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your The Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.