“A cozy base in London” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“A cozy base in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was in London for a week of meetings preceded by a weekend of getting together with friends. I had several colleagues coming and going during the week so we needed a place we could get to easily from the Heathrow Express that would also be central for traveling to meetings.
The Indigo Paddington lived up to its billing- it was friendly, comfortable and convenient. I pulled my not light suitcase from Paddington straight across the street to the hotel- easy to find. I had called the hotel the day before to ask for early check in.

I arrived about 8:15, had breakfast (good and good value) while waiting for my room. In less than an hour they came to get me and took me to my room where my suitcase waited.

I must mention Mario, the young man who is the doorman, porter, restaurant greeter and all around friendly guy. When a student and I were checking out the last day he helped us to Paddington with our luggage and then hurried us to the taxi line when the Heathrow express was cancelled. Such a great guy!
The room was on the small side, despite it being a King Business, and the bathroom was very small, but it was attractive and well organized. My only complaint was low water pressure in the sink. The shower was great as were the towels. The rooms were quiet, even those facing London Street.
I did need to borrow an extension cord so that I could look in the mirror while drying my hair.
The best thing about this hotel, aside from its convenient location, is its very friendly front desk staff. They were very helpful and responsive. Strangely enough, the restaurant staff at breakfast were mostly unfriendly.
I will plan to stay at this hotel again, although if my husband was with me I would ask if there are bigger rooms.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice hotel next to the Paddington station. The breakfast buffet is really nice and tasty. The hotel interior is beautifully designed and the staff super helpful (Special thanks to Antonio and Alexis). So overall a great stay. Rooms could be a bit bigger but hey, you're in Europe, everything is kind of built small.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the basement.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel had everything we wished for.Stylish and cool.Clean rooms with all that you need to use wifi ....and just a quarters walk to Oxford Street.To end the evenings after a walk in Hyde Park at tthe hotel bar is just perfect.

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice little hotel near Paddington, convenient location.
I stayed in several hotels in this area, this one is on a better side.
Rooms are clean and relatively nice decorated, although my room was very small.
Bathroom is also small and basic, air-condition old and noisy.
Free WiFi, minibar with soft drinks, iron, safe-box, gym in basement are available.

I was pleased by everything except size of the room and noise outside at night.
Will stay again if I see rooms on sale

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Linforth, Management Office at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Evgeny N,

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Indigo Paddington a few times over the last couple months. I really like the hotel and the people there are very friendly and helpful. The rooms have lots of extras associated with them that makes the stay really enjoyable. Plus the location is great close to Paddington station.

The hotel is very clean, the wi-fi is very fast and a good TV. The bathrooms are nice and has good amenities.

I also really like the breakfast. Everything seems very fresh and well prepared and there is an excellent choice of items.

The only thing I need to say is the rooms can be a bit small, but this is typical for London. If you are 2 people , I suggest the Executive size rooms as the standard can be tight especially if you have luggage. I've stayed in both and prefer the executive rooms but they are more money.

If you are looking for a good all around hotel with a great breakfast, then the Indgio is an excellent choice. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The executive sized rooms are larger.
Dear UKD03,

Many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here because of the reasonable price, not for a moment thinking that it would be outstanding in every respect. (I was not on an expense account!) Two minutes walk from Paddington and the Heathrow Express makes the location stellar. But there is so much more than location: the hotel interior is beautifully designed - modern and chic - and superbly maintained. The restaurant (and bar) downstairs offers a fine English breakfast. Although small, the room I stayed in (305) was extremely quiet, bedclothes of high quality, the bed really comfortable, powerful shower head, and had a modern coffee maker. If you need CNN or other international channels, this hotel did not have them, but the flat screen TV was attractive. The staff were all international, well groomed and exceptionally polite and helpful. I will return here even if I am on an expense account and cost is not a factor. A great discovery for me in London.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Linforth, Management Office at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sillymidon,

Thank you so very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Hamburg-Berlin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If its location to Paddington station wouldn't be so wunderbar and important to me I would have chosen a different hotel. My room was so small that I couldn't even put my suitcase on the floor!! Nightmare!! Staff very friendly and helpful but the restaurant is very strange......

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Linforth, Management Office at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Thorsten W,

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

Guests do find our bedrooms to be adequate and I am sorry that you have not have felt the same way. We do have 3 room categories offering different size options.

We do hope to welcome you again and provide you with an enhanced stay.

Jalila

Been to Hotel Indigo London-Paddington? Share your experiences!