For a long time the only option for those desiring an international standard hotel at Paddington Station has been the somewhat tired and rather overpriced Hilton. The Hotel Indigo is only a few minutes walk from the station - quite feasible even with luggage - and the rooms are of a very high standard, particularly given the price.
The room decor is modern, though the mural behind the bed is a stylized representation of the iron girders from the Victorian era Paddington Station itself. As the hotel is comprised of a series of Victorian townhouses if I had been decorating the place, I would probably have gone for something a little more reflective of the period and a little less jarringly modern, but it didn't stop me enjoying a good night's sleep.
As you'd expect in central London, especially at the relatively affordable rates that this property charges, the rooms are not large, and the bathrooms are not for the claustrophobic. As such, the hotel is fine for a one or two night stay, but I probably wouldn't stay longer.
The English breakfast in the cafe-bar on the ground floor was decent, although the coffee left a bit to be desired.
Staff were uniformly helpful and friendly.
Would definitely use this property again if I needed to be in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Indigo London
- Hotel Indigo London Paddington
- Hotel Indigo London-Paddington England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upon entering Hotel Indigo London-Paddington you feel an immediate shift away from the hectic pace of business travel. Enjoy the quiet luxury and individuality of this chic, London boutique hotel moments from Paddington Station. Hotel Indigo London-Paddington benefits from the central Paddington location which is a tourist hub and a home to many business headquarters. This boutique hotel is adjacent to Paddington Station from where the Heathrow Express leaves every 15 minutes and takes the same time to reach the airport. Preferred equally by business executives and leisure guests, the Hotel Indigo London-Paddington is close to Oxford Street shops and Selfridge's, beautiful Hyde Park and Notting Hill areas. It is easy to reach the City, West End theatres or the famous galleries and museums from Paddington Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LondonMarketing.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Indigo London-Paddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.