“Quick stay in London” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 1,071 hotels in London
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Quick stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The property was quite clean, modern in style but cozy, and the decor and ambiance were lovely. I felt it was consistent with the brand as a boutique hotel, and it offered all the requisite amenities (bath products, phone, television, etc)but many other nice touches throughout like robes in the bathroom, complimentary bottled water, hand held hair dryer, and a Wonderful dining area. The beds were very comfortable for my taste - soft without being saggy! All of the staff we encountered were professional, accommodating and friendly. The hotel is on a quieter side street just a short walk from the Paddington tube stop which was very convenient (as long as you realize that Paddington does put you a bit on the edge of the typical London sights).The nearby cafes and restaurants offer a good variety if you don't want to venture too far.

Room Tip: Rooms here will be on the smaller side, the lower level rooms do not have a view and the majority of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
This feedback is the perfect way for all our staff members to know the effort they make every day to provide an excellent and unique service has reached our guests. I was pleased to hear that you found the room to be to your taste and that you appreciated all of the other “touches” that we provide, your feedback and others like it are the main reason we continue to try and enhance stays in this manner.
We hope we can welcome you back to us in the near future.

1,048 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel Indigo, Paddington is situated only a 3 minutes walk from Paddington Station and Heathrow Express. The hotel has a friendly staff. The rooms are clean, and the complimentary soft drinks in the minibar come as a nice surprise. The hotel lacks a proper lobby and breakfast is not included in the room price which is disappointing considered the price of a standard room is GBP 205 per night. I have stayed in other London hotels which clearly give you more value for your money.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really enjoy hearing what our guests thought of the hotel. I'm glad that the location and the hotel fitted your stay. I was sorry to hear that you felt us to be expensive side compared to other hotels you have stayed in, I would recommend booking early and taking advantage of one of our advance purchase discount rates if your booking window allows in order to get the best deal for the hotel. I do hope that you will consider coming to stay with us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to us.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I worked in hospitality for 10 years and was so excited for my stay at Hotel Indigo. It was my last night in London and I wanted to be close to Paddington Station to catch the Heathrow Express to the airport in the morning. Service at check in went smooth as expected. Room was small, but the color and character made up for it. Room had small balcony, complimentary beverages and modern bathroom. Bed was plush and comfortable. Cleanliness was above standard. My only regret is I only had one short night. I hope to come back to London to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo.
It is especially delightful to receive such a great feedback from a hospitality colleague that knows from a close view the effort put in by all at the Hotel to keep a high level of service and standards for our guests.
We hope you came back to London on a future and we can have the privilege to welcome you back.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is very close to several convenient stores, a couple of restaurants, and a couple of pubs. It is just a short walk to the underground. The hotel staff is very nice and helpful. I would not stay here again, because for us it was not the best fit. I would have preferred a better location (closer to attractions) and a larger room. I am familiar with the smaller rooms sizes in Europe and in larger cities, but this was the smallest I have ever seen. I had to walk sideways just to get into the bed and I am a petite 5'2" woman. We barely had room for our luggage. I will say - the hotel was clean and had cute boutique touches. They stock the mini-bar with complementary water and soft drinks which was a really nice added amenity.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments; it’s always great to hear honest feedback that we can use to help us improve. I was sorry to hear that we were not the best fit for you as a hotel, we try to cater to all needs but the size of some of our rooms are limited by being a converted Victorian Townhouse. I would recommend that if space is a factor to try booking one of our executive rooms which will give the extra space needed. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and thank you again for your comments.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this property during the Olympics. The hotel is a 2-3 minute walk from Paddington Station which makes it extremely convenient to get to/from Heathrow. I took the Heathrow Connect which is the other Heathrow train: cheaper but not as fast but still very quick.

The hotel room was surprisingly large compared to what I had stayed in in London. The rooms are nicely furnished and very modern. There's free wi-fi and free soft drinks and water in the mini-bar.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area around the station so no need to worry about food options. Hyde Park is about a 10 minute walk away and the shops on Oxford a bit further down (25-30 minute walk). The hotel being next to Paddington Station made it very easy to get around the city. As I was there for the Olympics, the extensive network of trains at Paddington made it a breeze to get around to the different venues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Indigo Paddington in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Loved this small chic boutique syle hotel.Rooms a very small but we didn't spend much time there,very clean and never had to call for anything,mimi bar stockedwith water,soft drinkd daily,several convenience stores all along st.Staff very helful,walk to Paddington Station for underground/trains,walked to Buckingham Palace through Hyde Park(almost across the street).Suggest eat breakfast at cafes down the road or around the corner,less expensive and better.Would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really enjoy hearing what our guests thought of the hotel. I'm glad that the location fitted your stay, being so close to Paddington Station and Hyde Park does allow for our guests to easily see so much of the City as you said. I was sorry to hear that you felt breakfast could be better; I have passed your comments on to our Chef and hope that you will return to us soon and be converted. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to us
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo the night before we left England after a great week there. We found everything to be terrific. Reception was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us a glass of champagne for our 32nd anniversary which was very nice. Our room was compact but really nicely sized for our visit. The style factor of the room was great- fun and lively while being very comfortable at the same time. Great bed. In fact, Hotel Indigo was really delightful and for a reasonable price. We loved it!

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from street for quiet. There is no pool but I could not unmark the rating above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Happy Anniversary! . Thank you for choosing to share it with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we are all looking forward to having you come and stay with us again soon.

Been to Hotel Indigo London-Paddington? Share your experiences!