“Pleasant stay at a cute boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #126 of 1,054 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Branford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel alone for 5 nights in October.
The day staff, especially Tamara, were exceptional. She even took the time to walk me to a destination in the area-several blocks away.
The evening staff is somewhat less knowledgeable and not as friendly.
The room was tiny- like a matchbox. It could not possible accomodate 2 people comfortably.
While it is mostly well designed and includes many ameneties- it is somewhat uber designed.
For example, I did not find the small fridge with complimentary soft drinks until 3 days after my arrival.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our day staff It is a pleasure to receive feedbacks like yours, I was however sorry that the evening staff could not achieve the same standard for you and I have passed all of your comments onto the team inorder to help improve service standards. I must apologise that you felt your room to be small, as a converted townhouse we do not have standardised room sizes but would recommend that if space is an issue to book one of our executive rooms that you may feel more suitable. This being said I do hope that you will still come and stay eith us and I look forward to welcoming you back.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My first time to stay at Indigo and being part of IHG I had high expectations. Location is great being so close to Paddington, check in was pleasant enough. As ambasador for IHG I should get some benefits like room upgrade etc but was told no rooms available. I later checked on line and there was so this did not give me a possitive feeling! No other benefits were offered either.
Was allocated room 105 which had an extractor directly outside the window and so the noise was quite noticeable in the room constantly - so requested a change. All rooms arre small (saw 4 in total) they have a 3/4 bed due to this but the bed was very comfortable.
Rooms despite being small are well appointed and so overall I enjoyed my stay but left feeling perhaps I should have used another IHG hotel, having said that I would stay here again but would probably choose the larger double exec rooms and request one in advance that does not have extraction fans outside the window!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments; we really appreciate all feedback that our guests have to offer. Please accept our apologies for the poor impression that was created, let me assure you that this is not the norm and I will ensure that all of my team are briefed much more thoroughly in order a clearer understanding of the ambassador benefits that you were entitled too to make sure that you never experience this again. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again so that you can experience the best from Hotel Indigo and I will look forward to welcoming you back to us.
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel extensively and split my time in London equally between Paddington, Gloucester Rd, and Victoria. This was my first stay at Indigo and I quite liked it. It was a bit pricey, but not out of line with any other similar hotels. The location was convenient (5 minute walk from Paddington Station). Room was large and extremely comfortable for a London stay. Bed was fantastic. Everything was very modern and spotless. Linens were luxurious. The wireless was included and very quick. Modern speakerphone in room (luxury for business traveler). Very nice small outdoor deck. Small but efficient gym. Outdoor noise could be heard very clearly from my room (was in 101) which was bit annoying, but I could live with it. Next time I will request room on other side. You could hear the hallway noise fairly well, but the downstairs was completely quiet. Checkin and checkout were maybe the only areas that could be improved, as counter area is perhaps a bit awkward and both check-in and check-out were a bit understaffed. That said, super friendly staff. I would definitely recommend and will definitely stay again when in Paddington.

Room Tip: Request a room opposite street and above 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share experience with us. I was sorry to hear that you felt your check in and out experience wasn’t as you expected it to be we will definitely take your feedback on board and do our best to increase the staff to provide a quicker service. That said I was pleased to hear that you found the location to be convenient, being so close to Paddington Station it does allow for easy connections to the City. Thank you as well for your kind comments regarding our staff, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to them.
We really hope that this will be the first time of many future stays at Hotel Indigo and look forward to welcoming you back to us.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Indigo twice - in November 2011 and September 2012. On both occasions I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's genuinely a boutique hotel - smart, quiet, different, with a very informal, relaxed atmosphere yet careful attention to every detail. The rooms are on the small side, but very cleverly designed and have everything you need, including a pampering shower, free wi-fi and complimentary soft drinks, which is a very nice touch. The retro-jazzy design is a bit bold (some would say loud), but I liked it much better than the bland decor of so many hotels. Very clean and comfortable. Service is great and so is breakfast. Not cheap, but good value for London. At the moment, my most favourite hotel in London!

Room Tip: Take an executive room if you can afford it - the standard rooms can be really small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very kind comments.
Thank you also for your appreciation of our hotel design, Hotel Indigo strives to be different than other Hotels and so we were pleased to hear that you liked it. Thanks as well for your feedback about service, we always endeavour to provide memorable moments for our guests and we are delighted that we did that for you. I do hope that you will be returning to us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travel quite often for business and was so discouraged with my experiences at a much more expensive major chain hotel around the corner from the Indigo Hotel that I asked around to see if anyone in my company had a recommendation. Several people told me that they'd had a good experience at the Indigo Hotel, so I read the reviews and booked the hotel.

I'm so glad I did.

Staying at the Indigo changed the way I experience London! The staff at the front desk were some of the nicest I've encountered anywhere. When we checked in, they told us that none of the larger rooms were available that night, but that one was opening up the following day. The next morning they called and asked about a convenient time to move us. All of this without being asked or prompted. With every interaction, the staff went the extra mile and were always helpful, professional and friendly.

The rooms and beds are on the smaller side (this is London), but the layout is efficient, ensuring that everything you need is conveniently accessible. The colorful decor is cheering at the end of a long, rainy day. The hotel is about a 1/2 block away from Paddington train station and the Tube and surrounded by restaurants and grocery stores It is also only a short walk from both Hyde Park and shopping on Oxford street.

If you're looking for a centrally-located, friendly hotel, I would recommend that you check out Hotel Indigo. I know that I will be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Indigo Paddington in the near future.

Kind regards,
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington briefly in June 2011 and, despite the postage stamp size of my room, liked the hotel’s style, cleanliness, and ambience enough that I thought it worth trying again. The Hotel’s close proximity to Paddington Station was also a big factor in my decision to return.

I am pleased to report that my second experience with Hotel Indigo London-Paddington (in September 2012) was just as good as the first, if not better. Actually, I suppose it was better since my room this time was slightly larger than the room I was given in 2011. Also, the hotel now provides an evening “turn down” service which it didn’t in 2011 (at least, I don’t recall being provided this service!). It was a nice treat to return to my room at night after a long day of walking the streets of London to find the blinds lowered, a light turned on, the sheets and duvet on the bed pulled back, and a couple of wrapped chocolates placed on top of the bed. Meanwhile, during my stay this time around I also tried the restaurant on the hotel’s ground floor (London Street Brasserie) and had one dinner and one breakfast there. The food was good and the service was very friendly and efficient. So, if the choices on the menu of the London Street Brasserie appeal to you, and if you don’t feel like venturing too far away from the hotel for a meal, then I think the hotel’s restaurant represents a viable option.

Given the quality of accommodation provided, the relatively reasonable (for London!) rates charged for the accommodation, and the convenience of being only a block away from Paddington Station, where the Heathrow Express can whisk you to Heathrow Airport in about 15 minutes, Hotel Indigo London-Paddington should be on every traveler’s short list of places to stay when in London.

One final thought: I don’t think I mentioned this in my previous review, but I’m not sure if Hotel Indigo London-Paddington would necessarily be the best choice of accommodation for a family. Although the hotel’s online booking system assumes that guests making a reservation for a room could include adults accompanied by children, I would think that the size of the rooms would be an issue for most families. I could, however, be wrong about this. Still, it seems to me that Hotel Indigo London-Paddington is likely to appeal more to couples and solo travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Please receive a big thank you for coming back to us and trusting our service.
I am delighted for your kind appreciation of the hotel and all the team members were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stays with us. We all hope that you will be returning to London soon as we would be delighted to welcome you back to us.