“West London Fine Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,625 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Local authentic small family run restaurant & takeaway serving top quality fresh & seasonal Italian food using only top quality seasonal ingredients.
“West London Fine Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For me Terracotta is one of the top three restaurant in the whole of West London. It has a small menu as all the food is cooked freshly once the customer has ordered the meal - good fresh ingredients. The pasta that I have had in this restaurant is the finest I have ever tasted. Other dishes of fish or meat that I have eaten there have also been excellent. It's a small restaurant and the service is very good. I really recommend this restaurant, tasty food and delicious wine.

• Visited January 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Fresh Tasty Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went to Terracotta for a meal last week with my girlfriend and son and I must say I found the food very fresh, very tasty and portions very generous indeed. The whole experience was very pleasant.It was real wholesome home made Italian cooking.
The waitress was extremely helpful in explaining the various dishes on offer and had a great smile and friendly attitude.
The food was piping hot and very appetising washed down with a nice bottle of red wine.The place was packed out but dispite this our wait wasnt too long at all.
For desserts we ordered terramissu,panacotta which was out of this world.
The food and service is the best I have had for a long time.I will be back again and again and highly recommend this place,a gem of a place tucked in the middle of northfields avenue.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food, if a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Terracotta seemed to get off to a bit of an iffy starty, not sure if it was a deli or a restaurant. They now seem to have ditched the deli angle, focussing on meals. As reviews have mentioned the dining area at the back is small and homely with I'd guess room for about 20 covers. Food is typical Italian fair, but well cooked - more Carlucios than Bella Italia. Service prompt and friendly.

They offer an very good value set menu Monday to Thursday, but weekends is al a carte only, which pushes the price up. Saturday lunch for 4 of us sharing starters and deserts and only a small amount on drinks came to £100 which seemed a bit much, good though it was.

Recommended midweek - slightly less so for Saturday lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Italian food to die for?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a fan of Italian restaurants due to feeling ripped off by food I could cook in my sleep. But this place. Wow....
I admit we have only had takeaway (3 times) from here but seriously the food is special. Give them a go - you will not be anything other then SATISFIED!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Absolutely LOVE this local Italian which in my view can not be beaten. Great for a girlie lunch, and we have had many that have over run somewhat! a fab evening either as a couple or in a group, Both the cooking and service get a 10/10 for me, the specials are special for example this weekend there was a sublime pasta with walnuts, gorgonzola, raddicio and chicory, mmmmm and we are going again hopefully on Wednesday evening and again on Saturday. My kids (OK they are 17 and 19) adore it and have been in for lunch with friends many times and are always looked after. You will struggle to beat this wonderful, local gem.

• Visited October 2012