“Good for central London stay” 3 of 5 stars

The Antigallican Hotel
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   428 Woolwich Road | Charlton, London SE7 8SU, England   |
Ranked #215 of 524 London B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good for central London stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went to see Bournemouth AFC win the Championship today. Stayed at this hotel the night before. Very good value for money. Comfortable and clean. Staff friendly. They offered morey for the money than I anticipated. £85 for a room for 3 people with en suite and coffe making facilities,plenty of tea, milk, coffee an sugar. Would recommend this place especially for youngster visiting the O2 for a gig or central London outings.
Maggi

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamilton, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

This hotel didn't live up to expectations. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm room, which was huge. It was nice to have space, however there was only one power outlet for 8 beds - not ideal for travellers! This meant we were always jostling for space to charge our devices for the next day.
The door to the room was opened by a physical key, and could be left ajar so the security was not the best.There was a locker available for a fee, however this was not big enough for any luggage. This meant that everything had to be left out, and this isn't something we felt comfortable with in this place.
The bathrooms and kitchen were fine, and the staff friendly, however this is not somewhere we will be returning to.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Odense, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

This hotel is very nice, the staff extremely helpful, 24 h service, cleaning everyday. I travelled alone, stayed here for 6 days and felt completely safe. Couldn't be easier, the bus stops right outside, short ride to North Greenwich Station/underground and the O2. If I ever have an event to go to at the O2 Again I will stay at the Anitigallican Again :)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Aix-en-Provence, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

We spent one week at the Antigallican Hotel, and it was very pleasant. At first we were scared because of the bad reviews but in fact it's very nice and clean and comfy. The kitchen is really equiped, and the bed are comfortable. Is it true that there is some noises from the outside but it's not that bad. The rooms were a bit cold but it does not bother you when you fall asleep.
The showers are fine, but it's a bit difficult to use them and the water is very hot (that is a good/bad point)

The staff is very friendly and nice. They give us adaptators for our french devices, and a blow dryer and towels for free! There are some maps and informations about what to do in London near the door, and those informations were precious to us. We were seven and we booked a room for eight and they offered us the remaining bed so we could go in and out the room as we wanted.

The hotel is really near the train and bus station and a Sandsbury. The neighborhood is calm at night so if you're looking for a place to party it's not the best place (there is a pub but it was closed when we wanted to go after midnight). But if you're looking for a calmand cosy place, and near the center of London, go for it !

And don't be affraid of the bad comment, we were seven buddies and we loved this place !

PS : you need to pay when you arrive and not when you check-out so be sure to have money on you (you can pay with card or cash)

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the streets because it's a little noisy.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Herent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

I booked the hotel online and from the photos, it looked all well. When I arrived, I checked in with my booking and first problem was that my visa was not accepted. I paid with another card and that worked well.
I had a double room (#14) and almost broke my neck due the slippery tiles (it rained a little).
I must say that they opened the fire door so I could park my motorbike inside and secured).
The room was OK, warm, clean and everything worked. TV, internet so that was good.
What I really missed on my room was... a table. No place to work or put a cup of coffee. Big minus point.
Worst part for me was that they don't serve breakfast and no restaurant either. But there is a kitchen free to use (which I didn't).
I guess for a night, it's not too bad. Price equals quality. And for that price, so close to London is not even such a bad deal.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room 11 to 14. it will become very noisy at night
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I stayed in the hostel for 8 nights Good location for the o2 arena just 10 min by bus The rooms are clean every day the same as the bathrooms -many available - separate for boys and girls so you won't need to queue .comfortable beds .staff are friendly and helpful . Overall good experience . Thanx

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I knew I was in trouble the minute I stepped out of the train station....The Antigallican is just a across the road from the station. I walked over and found the entrance for the hotel(this is not a hotel) and the door was lock, I pressed the buzzer a number of time and there was no answer and no movement inside... so I risked my life and went into the very dodgy bar and asked how I actually get in, and I was directed back to the door outside to stand in the rain at the door no one was answering and was eventually let in..... the reception is a hatch in the wall with the receptionist wearing a t-shift!!! I should have turned on my heels and ran, but there was no accommodation anywhere else. I was checked in by a guy who kept answering the phone and gave me a key to the room, the hallways were shocking... GRUBBY. The rooms are very basic, small but clean. There wasnt anywhere to have breakfast room or dining room.... but then this is not a hotel... This is a hostel if anything, in a very rough area above a very rough local bar and they had the cheek to charge €80 a night for it!!! Avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Antigallican Hotel? Share your experiences!