“Nice location by the river overlooking marina.” 3 of 5 stars

020 7488 2208
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dickens Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,878 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pizza, Grill, Pub, Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice location by the river overlooking marina.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Near the Tower of London and by the river, this pub has great atmosphere. Beer was good but the fish and chips, were not as good as I had hoped. I had seen other reviews and decided to try it out with my husband and son. We had to ask around as it was not visible from the main road. It is located in a marina so you get to see the boats and my husband and son are boaters so it was fun for them to check things out.
My son ordered the hunter's chicken sandwich. He liked that. All in all, it was ok.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
UK
“Pizza is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nicely located place if you are in the Tower area, massive establishment and nice place for a drink on the ground level, good mixture of comfy seats and table etc.

Upstairs is a pizza restaurant, I think they are the biggest pizzas I have ever seen, good selection of varieties of pizza and to be fair nicely cooked and not greasy (as you sometimes get from the major chains). present nicely in a basket, it was all round a good meal, if too big and quite expensive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great party atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was at the dickens inn for a Christmas party on the 14th dec with around 25 work colleagues. Although the place was packed the service was great, the waiters were very nice and the food was really good - great value for money. The day ended with a great party and DJ in the bar downstairs. Great atmosphere and we had a really good time and def coming back next year.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Good for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped by after visiting Tower Bridge. We were very hungry ( walking is very tiring!) so we were in for a good meal...

Coming in to the pub (at 1 p.m) I noticed it was very busy, very crowded. If you want a quiet spot to eat lunch this is not for you. However if you want to have a good time with friends this is perfect! I wouldn't come for dinner though.

The service is efficient for so much people. You order your food at the bar and you mention your table number and they bring it to you afterwards. It works well, you don't have to wait long.

Prices are very reasonable. We had a complete meal for 4 (with drinks) for just 50 pounds. We ate as much as we would have eaten for dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Culinary disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Visited the place on 12th of December, Christmas lunch. To be brutally honest I was prepared for mediocre food poorly served, considering the time of the season and the occasion but what I experienced was way worse than any of my expectations. I visited a place before a couple of times with colleagues for afterwork drinks and had a meal once, which was questionable at best. But Christmas lunch was real culinary disaster that is to say the least. I do realise that one should not expect much for £17.95, but chefs, at least, could have tried to plate it so it looks edible. Disregarding the fact that it looked carelessly dumped onto the plate, it also was blend and tasteless. None of my colleagues had anything positive to say after a meal was over. Location of the place is great, especially for a drink after work in summer, but God forbid to have a meal there.

• 1 of 5 stars Food