“Charming venue, very reasonable with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel
You added Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel to your Saves list
147 Whipps Cross Road | Leytonstone, London E11 1NP, England (East End / East London)   |
Ranked #576 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Charming venue, very reasonable with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Had a brilliant weekend mini break including a private function at the hotel, which was very enjoyable. The food was excellent (especially the full English breakfast!) and the staff were welcoming and friendly. The rooms were clean, cosy and had everything you need. Overall, a big thumbs up and great value for money. Thanks to everyone who made our stay fun and enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012
Leo M, Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I always say that we do not have clients but friends. Being our customer was more than a pleasure for us. Thank you very much for your good thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Where do I start? I have just finished a 16 month term working in London from Monday until Friday. Initially I spent the first month staying at different hotels each night depending where I was working, and for my budget most were in some pretty average areas where the hotels were sub-standard to say the least then I chanced upon this hidden gem of a hotel.

I didn't look back and I didn't stay anywhere else during the rest of my time down there. I deally located smack bang between the M11, north circular and A12 provifding great access into and around London. A 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive and you can be at the tube station into central London in no time.

Don't book expecting luxury - remember in London if you want that you'll pay £200 a night - but the rooms are comfortable, well decorated and excellent value for money. There are Sky boxes in each room, and if you get a room at the rear of the building you can see the lights of the Olympic stadium and Canary Wharf.

Downstairs is a great pub/bar with a good selection of drinks at very reasonable prices. Right next to the bar is a restaurant offering massive portions at good prices too. The menu has only got better and better over the time I spent there, and Leo has done a great job of providing specials every day.

Both the bar and restaurant are cosy and during the winter the open fire is especially homely.

There are very friendly staff there and would do anything to help their guests out. A special mention to Sophia who managed to squeeze me in last minute when I forgot to book! Another positive is they have free parking, so no getting stung by £15 parking per night like some other London hotels.

Like I say this hotel is not what you would class as "perfect", but for the prices they charge why would you expect luxury hotel?! Excellent value for money, good food, good company. If you are a tourist or a contractor working down there in the week then this will be right up your street.

I hope to visit them again soon, this time when I am visiting rather than working. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the top floor at the rear of the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jason F, General Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Every time we try our best to make our guests feel like they are home. For us, customers are not just guests but friends. So, dear friend, thank you very much and I hope you will be back soon to see us.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is the first time i'd stayed at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel so after reading some of the comments left by other guests i felt i needed to leave details of my experiance. We arrived just before lunchtime and was pleasantly welcomed by the staff who working that day. We were there for my Brothers Wedding Celebrations that evening so it was good we could unpack and get ready early before we headed to the Register Office. I instantly felt comfortable and was very impressed by the standards of the room. Other family members bedrooms were on the top floor and had great views over the London skyline. When the evening celebrations started the staff could not do enough to make sure everything went smoothly and the food tasted and looked fantastic (that includes evening meal, Buffet & Breakfast). It was a great venue for a Wedding Reception but also a great Hotel for staying at if your visiting London because your not that far away from eveything but have the added bonus on having Epping Forest on your doorstep if you wanted to escape the 'hustle and bustle' which would be hard to find in a more central Hotel. So just wanted to say thank you to the owners and all staff for making a memorable occassion a great experiance at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am very happy that you spent a nice day at your brother's wedding. It was indeed a great wedding and we are glad we could be useful to you. Thank you for your trust.
Haarlem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have just stayed at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel and had a lovely stay.
The staff were helpful and attentive and made sure I had everything I needed and tended to any issues I had (which was only sorting me out with a room when I needed to stay an extra night when they were almost full)
I had to come back to the UK after a relative was poorly in the Whipps Cross hospital. I found the hotel quaint and charming and very comfortable and clean - plus great value for money.
I noticed a bad review saying they only made breakfast from 8-9 on a Saturday, but when you consider the small number of staff work such long hours, I think that is very acceptable.
I didn't want to leave after 4 nights there. Well done to the staff, and I would thoroughly recommend this for a short stay hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jason F, General Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much and we are happy that you had a nice time during your stay. We hope to see you soon!
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We are in our fifties and stayed 3 days and from the moment we walked into the hotel we felt very welcome, was given a coffee whilst we waited for the accomodation to be sorted as we arrived unexpected. Used this as a base for exploring London as the railway and underground are very close. We had breakfast and a meal whilst we were there and found it to be of exceptional quality and very reasonably priced. We found the staff were very friendly and their prices very competitive, well done!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason F, Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your good thoughts and enjoy the rest of your trip.
gold coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have just checked into this excuse for a hotel. The room is disgusting! No head board on the bed and the top is pushed against a window making it impossible to sit up in bed. There is two dirty rugs on the floor which I have had to move to avoid walking on in socks or bare feet. There was small dead insects on the pillow and a spider crawling across the bed! The shower is rotten. Dirt and soap stains up the wall and months of slime and dirt in the plug hole. The toilet lid isbrokeninto pieces with sharp jagged edges! I have only been here an hour. Who knows what else I'll come across. I asked to swap rooms and was told there wasn't any! I ham working in the area and have to put up with this for 4 nights. It is disgusting!!

• Stayed September 2012
Jason F, General Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
First of all we want to apologize for any inconvienient caused to our guest. Secondly we want to say that in our opinion we were too harshly judged because we were not given the opportunity to fix things under any circumstances. We want also to add that the hotel booking was made ​​by Ms. company for three guests and some of them stood in our hotel a week before and it worked perfectly without any complaint. Unfortunately the hotel was full that night but we promised another room for the next day early in the morning. The hotel manager tried to solve the problem by sending a person immediately to clean the room and change the sheets again even if we did that in the same morning. The lady refused and so, we had no real opportunity to help. We want to apologize again but we believe that our services were never good enough to the lady standards.
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed Saturday night because we had a party downstairs which was all good. However, the next day they only served breakfast from 8 to 9am which is only one hour. That is absoutely ridiculous especially if you want a sleep in after a night out. Not impressed

The staff seemed vacant and unhelpful. .

The room was good enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Everyone knows that after a party it's very hard to wake up in time for breakfast, but because we have fixed times for breakfast, lunch and dinner our staff should respect the posted program in the interest of customers. However we are happy that you spend a nice evening at the party.

Been to Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel? Share your experiences!