“Food for Anorexics” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4,227 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Experience the difference and excitement Spicy N Ice and prepare your taste buds for the true essence of Indian Dining. Traditional Indian Cuisines with a modern twist created by our 20 years of experience chef. He has created an exquisite menu that is timeless, exciting exotic and best of all truly delicious
“Food for Anorexics”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This restaurant is very popular with the Asian community. The food is tasty and has an indian/chinese twist to it. I have been to this restaurant a few times now and liked the taste of the fusion cuisine. However I have noticed that the prices are very high compared to other restaurants in the same bracket as this. One portion of sheek kebab starter is £6.25! I thought oh well they must be something special at this price and ordered it. While my thoughts were with my burning hungry stomach in flew the kebab starter, let me say what a disappointment. They were the smallest kebabs I have ever seen and I am not exaggerating. Basically they were 2 normal sized kebabs cut in half to look like 4 with some strategically placed onions used to fill the plate, my stomach turned with the disappointment. My lady friend picked the Tarka daal for the main, this was £6.75 for a bit of daal! Anyway in it came and let me just say a toddler would still be hungry after eating that. It came in a tiny copper bowl and the 2 whole chillies inside it filled most of it, she probably got about 6 tablespoons out of this portion what a joke!! I am amazed they are charging this sort of money for such small portions. I wouldn't mind paying if there was a good quantity but there wasn't. Every dish we ordered was very small and the price was disgusting to be honest. The price and the portions are a double whammy for me, maybe some people have more money than sense. I work hard for my money and at these ridiculous prices I would expect something in return which I did not get. I felt out of pocket and my stomach was swearing at me for letting it down and has turned it's back on this restaurant for good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Been there a few times and love the food but the service is so horrible that I won't go there. The main manager himself has an attitude. He is basically rude. Shocking..

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best in Croydon... authentic Indian and Chinese (spicy Indian version)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been to almost all the Indian restaurants in Croydon / South Croydon but nothing compares to spice n ice in terms of taste. This one is our most visited and favourite restaurant in Croydon.

+ve side:-

Ambience is good.

Food is good. My all time favourites are sheek kebab, lamb chops, rumali roti, chicken lolly pop, vegetable Manchurian....there is a long list :)

-ve side: -

Getting a parking space is difficult.

Prices are in the higher side.

Service is not fast.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Expensive unreasonable price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Went their wiz family and the restaurant had only a few parking space. Food wise are ok but expensive though for an egg fried rice n prices should be reasonable n I don't understand why but location is not that great n facilities are not convenient.

Croydon, United Kingdom
“Nothing great about this place..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went for Dinner with family last week and none of us liked it. While the ambiance is rather inexpensive, the food quality was bad. It was not like rotten or spoilt food but you can make out in a minute that the ingredients were cheap. The service was alright but they really do expect you to tip with that expecting look when handing down the check (and for no good reason). Won't go there again and won't recommend..

• Visited February 2014