“Inattentive service, OK food, scary bathrooms” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,816 of 18,003 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta, Pasta
Good for: Families with children
Description: Our Neapolitan pizza and food are the most authentic you will find in London: come and try a genuine slice of Naples.
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Inattentive service, OK food, scary bathrooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family and I ate here recently while visiting London. We had time before the show we had tickets for nearby so we were in no rush. Still, even though we weren't in any hurry, we sat and sat and sat before anyone came to our table. Many servers walked right by us, took others' orders and still we sat. We'd been sightseeing all day and we really needed drinks. We ordered sparkling waters with "lots of ice." We received four waters with no ice added and a small tumbler with about six small ice cubes for us to share. Eventually we were given another glass with a little more ice, but I can't fathom how they translate "lots of ice" into about 10 ice cubes for four people.

Both my husband and daughter ordered chicken Caesar salads. I ordered a pasta dish and my son ordered a calzone. My meal was OK, although £2 for a side of fresh bread (4 small slices) seemed a bit steep. My son enjoyed his calzone. My husband doesn't like bacon and never eats it. Had he known that the Caesar salad had bacon in it he never would have ordered it. Bacon was not mentioned as being an ingredient on the menu. Also, the salads were quite small for main dish servings.

My daughter and I ordered dessert which we both enjoyed.

A visit to the restroom, however, was a bit frightening. Down a very narrow staircase into a dirty, poorly lit hallway, the ladies room consisted of three dirty, minuscule stalls. I was, overall, very impressed with public restrooms in the UK, at least as compared to those in the US. If the bathroom must be small, there is no excuse for it to be dirty. The roll of toilet paper was on the floor, which was wet. Totally gross.

When we were done, we told the waitress. We waited and waited and waited while she walked back and forth and took care of other diners. She didn't ask if we wanted our check or if we wanted anything else. She just ignored us until my husband practically grabbed her and asked for the check. Again, we were in no hurry, but she didn't know that. She just seemed to forget about us in the small restaurant.

So, some good, some bad. The food was decent, but the service and restrooms clearly need attention.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable, but too much dough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Nice interior and buzzy restaurant with the pizza oven and chefs in full view.

Prices reasonable for italian staples in this location, and good selection of non-pizza/pasta dishes, e.g quite a range of mozzarella.

My pizza was all dough and not enough topping, so after I carved the couple of inches of crust off there was not an awful lot there for your money, though others on the table did better.

Really good, interesting selection of pizzas though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Decent Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I stopped here because a friend recommended the pizza. Both my friend and I are former New Yokers, so when he told me to try the pizza I decided to give it a whirl. Surprisingly it was tasty - the dough was decent. My wife had pasta and enjoyed it very much. Our server was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very good italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have been to rossopomodoro few times, and i recommend it. the food is always been very nice and tasty, and the staff very friendly. i have lots of dishes to recommend,i simply love some starters like : bruschetta (grilled bread and tomatoes) and parmigiana (aubergines with tomatoes sauce,mozzarella and parmesan),plus you can also try some buffalo mozzarella.usually after those amazing starters i move to pizza, about pizza i can only say that any kind of pizza you will choose,you will have a wonderful time.all the pizza and calzone are made with fresh authentic ingredients and in napoli's way. Very good place to eat !!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toulouse, Midi-Pyrenees, France
“The real mcCoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Sure it's a chain but they use the real ingredients which constitute a pizza Napoli style. Real mozzarella and San Marzano tomato sauce. Fast and friendly service, great location. A bit expensive but you pay for quality. You haven't had a pizza till you tasted this one.

Visited May 2014