“nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

020 7609 9832
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokeb Ethiopian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #499 of 17,940 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was my first time in an Ethiopian restaurant and it was a nice experience. We shared a couple of dishes eating them by hands. Good portion in relation to the price. Nice lamb, poor desserts. We were served by a nice lady which cheered us with her manners.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“A super meal - go eat there now!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've eaten at a few Etheopean restaurants and make a point to seek them out wherever possible upon travelling to a new city. We found Kokeb via google and decided to give them a visit as they weren't too far from where we were staying. The restaurant is only a short walk from Caledonian Rd tube stop.
Unfortunately when we first went, they were closed due to the owner being away on holiday. So we decided to return ian fortnight when we were coming back through London. And how glad we are that we did.
Everything is awesome. The owner (I presume she was the owner!) made us very welcome. We know a bit about the food type so were able to choose what we wanted without any assistance, although she did offer helpful advice. The food was oh so tasty and there was plenty of it. And it was so cheap as well. Between the two of us we ordered a a starter each, and three mains to share (along with plenty of injera bread). And just about made it through all the food. Awesome. I only wish we had another night there to go back the next day!
Give them a go, you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, UK
“What every neighbourhood Ethiopian restaurant should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ate there last night with a friend

Delicious, relaxed, authentic, super friendly, cheap (and in the most unexpected of settings!)

If you're looking for these - you wont be disappointed

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Feels like being part of the Ethiopian Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

What a nice experience. Already on the phone while asking for a table the welcome was warm and friendly.

In the restaurant...lost with what to choose. They helped me to find something really nice.

Really deliciously flavoured dishes. Ideal for me to try the different dishes are the combinations. And that's what I had...and enjoyed.

Will definitely see me again.

Excellent value and service. BIG THANK YOU!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin
“Delicious Ethiopian food in North London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Too many reviews of Ethiopian restaurants are by those unfamiliar with Ethiopian food.

This is not one. I make a point of eating Ethiopian whenever I am in London, as there is no Ethiopian restaurant (that I know of) in Ireland.

The Kokeb is the real deal. The food is delicious, the injera is tasty (although perhaps not as bitter as in Addis, catering for local palates) and the service was superb (our hostess even made up a package of injera and wat for me to take home to Ireland).

I will certainly be returning next time I am in London.

Visited April 2013