“Full marks for the Foyer” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)20 7107 8886
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it’s the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.Executive Chef Martyn Nail’s modern British menu is fresh, seasonal, extensive and yet refreshingly simple, using locally sourced seasonal produce.
stanmore
“Full marks for the Foyer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

What an amazing experience we had yesterday evening. The service, food and atmosphere were faultless! The food was not only presented beautifully but was absolutely delicious. This is a superb culinary delight. The staff at Claridge's are simply the best and the BBC documentary was absolutely true, this is an experience not to be missed. We can't wait to come back very soon.

EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear "Melissa1611"

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Foyer, it is so encouraging to read that you enjoyed the food and that you experience the service that we pride ourselves on. I am glad to share your review with the team.

I read also that you have been watching the BBC2 documentary "Inside Claridge's", I hope that you enjoyed it as much as we did.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Food & Beverage Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Stoke, England
“Everyone should experience this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Booked in, on the recommendation of my son & daughter in law, for lunch at the Foyer & Reading Room at Claridges. If you want a bit of an insight into what Claridges is all about watch the excellent series on BBC 2.
We went for the Menu Du Jour which at £35 per person was excellent value. The food, as you would expect was first class. I went for the Aberdeen Angus steak, cooked medium rare to perfection, while my wife had salmon. She assured me that it was the finest salmon dish she had ever had. I wouldn't doubt it. Throughout the time that we were in the restaurant we were superbly attended to by our waiter/sommelier and i am ashamed to say that i did not get his name, because the service he gave us was absolutely first class and deserves to be highlighted. Suffice to say that i asked him what part of France he originated in when he was in fact Spanish! I'm sure he will remember me for that gaffe alone!!!
After we finished our sweet course and were chatting to our waiter we informed him that we were in London celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary. After congratulating us he went away only to return a few minutes later with two cakes on a long platter and the words HAPPY ANNIVERSARY hand written in icing piping. A lovely touch and one which only elevated our already high opinion of his particular skills. I hope the management at Claridges realise what an asset he is to their establishment!
If you want to see first hand what traditional "Britishness" is all about then go back in time for a few hours (you never feel rushed) and enjoy the fabulous opulence and first class service at one of the last bastions of the empire :-)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear "roryisgod",

Firstly, may I begin by sending my heartfelt congratulations to you and your wife on the occasion of your wedding anniversary, it is an honour that you chose to dine at Claridge's for such a special occasion and I am glad that we made it special for you.

It is great to read that you found the 'Menu du Jour' enjoyable as well as good value for money. The Menu du Jour changes twice weekly and so hopefully there will be something new for you to try on your next visit!

London, United Kingdom
“...In Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My mother took me here for my 21st birthday for afternoon.
Greeted by a lovely lady who brought us over to our table.
Over 40 different teas to choose from.
Warm delicious scones and desserts were out of this world.

The atmosphere was amazing stuff were so friendly.
Pianist and violinist playing in the corner not loud just nice in the background.
I think the price was reasonable for where it is.

Cannot wait to visit this establishment again.

sacramento
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Must stop by for drink or tea. Perfect level of classic tradition, yet modern chic Crowd. Service friendly professional,,helpful. Food there is excellent whether for a quick snack and drink, or a full meal.

Visited December 2012
Dear "kvvSacramento"

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. Your comments about the service and food are most appreciated and I am proud to share such encouraging words with the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

UK
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Had the Wimbledon afternoon tea for wife's birthday. We preferred Claridges to the Ritz as it is much less touristy and the whole experience felt more personal. Excellent range of sandwiches, cakes and teas.

Visited July 2012
Dear "Uncle_spud"

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am so glad you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us. We have many more "themed" Afternoon Teas planned for 2013 including Chelsea Flower show and of course Wimbledon to name but a few. I hope you can return to sample some of these too!

With warmest wishes,