“The Sea HELL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Shell Of Lisson Grove

The Sea Shell Of Lisson Grove
Lisson Grove | Marlyebone, London NW1 6UH, England (Marylebone)
+44 (0) 2072249000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sea Shell Of Lisson Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,602 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Fish & Chips
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: For over 40 years The Seashell of Lisson Grove has been serving best traditional British fish and chips and has gained a great reputation with everyone from fans of good food to famous celebrities. As the venue consists of two parts, a newly refurbished restaurant and a take away, The Seashell is perfect place for a business lunch, dinner with friends and family, or a quick bite on the go.Through its commitment to fresh and conscientiously sourced products, our restaurant seeks to ensure that your meal is as environmentally-friendly as it is enjoyable. As we are striving to support local businesses, we are proud of using finest locally grown or sourced ingredients and products such as potatoes from local farms for our chips or cider made from 100% British apples. For us its all about keeping it fresh, delicious and local.Therefore, whether you want to grab a quick bite of top quality traditional fish and chips in a take away or indulge yourself with a delicious dinner in the restaurant, The Seashell of Lisson Grove is the place to go.
London, United Kingdom
“The Sea HELL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a chaotic, badly managed hot mess of a restaurant... We booked in advance and had to wait at least 20 mins to be seated at a dirty table

Our drinks took a further 20 mins to arrive

The food is ridiculously over priced ... Dover Sole at £32.50? This place is not Scott's or J Sheekey so why the inflated prices

The service is incredibly sloppy and the food is well below average

Do not waste your time and money on this mediocre restaurant

A horrible and disappointing experience

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
East Lansing, Michigan
“OK but wouldn't go out of my way again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had fish and chips here years ago. OK, actually I was a college student doing an overseas study about 29 years ago to be exact. I recall finding this place and getting fish and chips wrapped in newspaper from the take away window and sitting outside eating them. They were so memorable that it was a priority to find this place again on our trip back last week. So maybe I'm being a bit unfair but there was just nothing memorable about this place this time. I kind of wish we had just stayed at a pub and had fish and chips there. They were fine, came out extremely hot and fresh so that's good. I just had the cod. My husband had bangars and mash since he's not really a fish guy. It was an expensive lunch and the service was a bit slow. I think you can find better for less in a pub.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Acton, Massachusetts
“great for fish and pudding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went twice on a recent visit to london. Particularly like that they will fry in matzo meal which is really good for a crispy outside. Good selection of fish. Also had the grilled dover sole which yes was quite expensive but really good. Their desserts are a throw back - treacle tart and spotted dick with cream was rather scrumptious.

i did try someone elses chips and was not hugely impressed but that is good as I don't really want to eat those anyway.

Service was both friendly and efficient. The fish was very fresh and in huge portions. Had a great time on both occasions.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“Not a Fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

With all due respect to Samantha Brown, I didn't care for this place. I saw her profile the restaurant on the Travel Channel and it looked great. But my fried cod was soggy, and the chips had been sitting out awhile. Plus, the fish was fried with the skin on. That's something I'm not used to. Although I can respect a different way of doing things, it was just another reason why I couldn't finish my lunch. There are better fish and chips to be found in London.

New York City, New York
“Great British Fish and Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was 3 minutes walk from the apartment we stayed in so we actually bought take out and ate at "home"

Visited January 2013