“Not worth the money.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodizio Rico - @ the O2

Rodizio Rico - @ the O2
O2 Arena, Greenwich Peninsula, London SE10 0AX, England (Greenwich)
020 8858 6333
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodizio Rico - @ the O2 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,143 of 17,054 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Description: Perfect for pre-show meals, Rodizio Rico restaurant at London���s O2 Arena in Greenwich is a bright and buzzy Brazilian ���churrascaria��� restaurant famous for its Brazilian steakhouse menu. With modern wood-panelled walls, tiled floors and a humming brasserie-style ambience, Rodizio Rico is a hit with meat-loving locals for non-vegetarian corporate entertaining and cocktails, large parties and family nights out. The menu of Brazilian cuisine offers an all-you-can-eat selection of steaks and seafood alongside a buffet-style salad bar. Favourite dishes include the garlic sausages, rump steak, spare ribs and the grilled chicken and pork served at the table on giant sticky skewers. The wine list veers toward big, butch flavours from Chile and Argentina, with some intriguing labels from South Africa, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. At Rodizio Rico, no craving is too large. Not for the faint-hearted, Rodizio Rico requires a hearty appetite and a drumstick-loving disposition.
Augusta, Georgia
“Not worth the money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Little churrasco place looked good from the outside, we were visiting london and decided to make a go of it. Nothing but unpleasant surprises unfortunately. Staff took far to long. The meats were of inferior quality and obviously seasoned heavily to try and cover the taste and toughness.
My wife and I nearly walked out. No one would have noticed as the staff was so ill attended to our spot. We decided to be polite and ask for a check as soon as someone passed by and it was another thirty minutes later. No one was even coming around with the meats at that point.
If this is your first try at a brazilian style bbq, don't let it taint you against them, I've been to many that are lovely in latin America and the states. Don't think we'll ever try one in England again, though.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London
“Pretty much what I expected from one of many 'serve a purpose' restaurants at the O2”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant offered an interesting concept to us carnivorous types; pay one price and eat as much BBQ meat as you like, along with a plentiful platter of side dishes. In reality that's exactly what it is, however for the price I would have expected slightly better cuts of meat, some were very fatty, others just not that tasty but overall it was acceptable. The sides were in abundance with salads, potato dishes, breads, and sauces. The concept of the waiter bringing the cut of meat to your table and slicing it for you is interesting but not particularly required considering you have to go to the buffet to get your sides anyway. Overall a nice, casual lunch although I would add that my friend and I were the only diners at 1pm on a Saturday.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Fun meaty experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was our first time at a restaurant like this and we enjoyed the concept. We went as a couple as did many others but there were also larger groups there. Lots of meat, nice buffet selection, efficient service, good music and generally a good night out. Wide variety of meats but can be quite salty and heavy on the garlic! Value for money was good, you can eat as much as you like and there are a good range of wines at varying prices. Overall worth a try.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fun for a group outing: excellent meat but extras are less highly rated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This venue had been selected (not by me) for a group outing and it was the first time I had been to a churrascaria outside Brazil so I was curious to see how the concept translated to London. At least I was aware of the way the food would be served and how best to work my way through the offerings. (Most importantly: if you are concerned with getting best value for money, then don't fill up with cheap and ordinary food.)
The prime cuts of meat were excellent although I had to wait a while to get what I wanted in the order that I wanted it so as best to appreciate the flavours: pork, then lamb then rare beef (there was also the option of well done). All were high quality and perfectly cooked (although I doubt at the price that any was organic or even welfare friendly). In my view it is really not worth bothering with the cheaper cuts: sausages, chicken wings....
The salad/"street food" bar was the real disappointment, much of it looked unappealing to me so I made do with a couple of rounds of green salad and small bread rolls to accompany the meat, and a few "taster" teaspoonfuls of other offerings. Nothing was very exciting nor as spicy as I remembered from Rio. The restaurant filled up (upstairs on a Saturday night, even with no concert on) so long queues developed around the salad bar.
There was a shortage of condiments on the table and none of the sauces which generally accompany a churrasco in Brazil.
The management and service generally seem aimed at pushing through large numbers and not being especially gracious to customers, but that is at least authentic.
We were 35 in all, booked to be seated upstairs at a long table. I was very early but, despite a charming welcome on arrival, was not allowed to sit at the empty table until the booking time and was seated at the bar where of course I was pressed to drink something.
I ordered a bottle of Brazilian Cabernet Merlot that I had noticed on the website; it was not available but was replaced by a bottle of Brazilian pure Merlot, plus a bottle of sparkling water. Stupidly I failed to ask the price of the replacement wine so the later bill for £46 excluding service came as a bit of a shock (we had all paid the group leader for the actual meal in advance). It was at least a very good bottle of wine and was excellent with the meats. Many other wines (largely but not exclusively South American) are available, as well as beers and cocktails.
The restaurant is lavishly appointed and decorated; the long sweeping staircase is paralleled by a lift although one needs to be accompanied in it by a member of staff. The bar stools are fixed and very uncomfortable for the longer legged, better with hindsight to take a chair by the door in the lower bar. The (Ladies') toilets upstairs are very gracious.
We had a fun evening and for a dinner in London the price is reasonable. Obviously it would be wasted on other than hungry carnivores (we were a specialist club of very tall people with appetites to match, so must have made a dent in their profits for the night). There is a veggie option and a children's menu but I noticed a few children getting very bored while their parents ate on and on. It was very noisy so not such a good place for couples.
If you are handy to the Jubilee Line or live in the area, it is an interesting place to eat for a change. I imagine on concert nights it would be much more of a crush to get there or in/out of the building and the food avenue and could be disagreeable, unless you are at the Dome for an event anyway.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Celticfemale
“What changed? This used to be my favourite restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place used to be amazing. Great atmosphere, great food and attentive staff.

We went to Rodizio Rico for my 50th birthday and thank goodness I was with great friends otherwise it would have been a let down.

I don't know whether the management has changed, if so they need to try again, and recruit staff who are interested in their work. Waiting staff are supposed to come to the table offering each diner meat from skewers, well, they came to one end of the table and then the other, and seemed to ignore those in the middle or anyone talking. Conversation is part of a dining experience, but beware, here you will starve if you talk for too long.

What I did get to taste of the food, it too has changed. the central buffet was somewhat lacking, and there was definitely less selection at the tables.

Some staff were ok, some made you feel downright uncomfortable for stepping in and making them work.

It was arranged for a slice of cake to be brought, the plate had Happy B'day written on it... thankfully I thought that this was very funny

It's not exactly cheap, with poor service this reduces the value for money

I hope that this restaurant gets back on par, there is a lot of other choice in the O2.

• Visited August 2013