“Great Apartment on Sloane Ave” 5 of 5 stars

The Apartments
41 Draycott Place | Chelsea, London SW3 2SH, England (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #49 of 608 Specialty lodging in London
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Apartment on Sloane Ave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family stayed at the Sloane Avenue apartment for 5 nights in October 2012. We have 3 young children including a 6 year old boy and 2 year old twin girls. Overall the location and apartment were great. Very safe/quiet neighborhood and everything you could need in the apartment (wireless internet, TV, etc). We took taxis to all of the toursit sites but could have walked to some if we didn't have the kids. We also found a small local market a few blocks away to buy food and a Starbucks for morning coffee. We will return next time we are in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TheApartmentsUK, Reservations Manager at The Apartments, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Daniel13332,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are glad that you had a good stay with us. Please do contact us the next time you are
travelling to London and we would be delighted to welcome you back!

Have a great weekend.

Reservations Manager.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have used Maureen Boyle and her team at The Apartments - theapartments.co.uk - multiple times and absolutely will do so everytime I am in London. There are a range of short lets in multiple buildings, and they are all in very good areas. Each unit has a small kitchen, wifi, and there is always a welcoming tray of tea and biscuits. The team is professional, easy to deal with, and treats each guest well. Maureen has been so good to me as I come on business and have had to book and cancel on short notice or change my plans and she always works with me - even when a small fee may be proper. Your situation may not be as fickle as mine.

This is NOT a hotel. You do not have maids, a front desk or a staff on command. This is an apartment, and you have to be prepared to do things for yourself. But this is why I like it and it really makes you feel like you are living the London life whilst there. Writing the review makes me eager to go back!

Room Tip: Study the website first to pick your areas of town and then contact them.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
TheApartmentsUK, Reservations Manager at The Apartments, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Jim F,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice review.

Please do contact us directly the next time you are coming to London.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Aisling Clifford.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I chose to stay at Ladbroke Grove in Notting Hill in a studio apartment. The apartment was just as described. I traveled with my two daughters ages 13 & 11 and chose The Apartments because of price and its close proximity to public transportation and you got a lot for you money. We were staying our first week with a group tour and having a washer and dryer our second week on our own was a must! Many other rentals don't have this option. Very clean and loved the modern decor! We enjoyed being able to walk to a grocery & many small quaint shops in the area. A must is visiting Portabella market on a Saturday!

We took advantage of the tube and bus system in the area with ease and had no problem traveling to any of the destinations on our to do list: London eye, Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, Westminster and the list goes on and on. We had a fabulous time and can't wait to come back again!

The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering my many many questions. At the last minute we decided to come a day early and this was not a problem even though the Olympics were in town. Good communication is key to renting any rental. I double checked on addresses of where we were staying and kept the address to the office in case of any emergency plus phone numbers.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to rent on the first floor because of the loud bang the front door makes....glad...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TheApartmentsUK, Reservations Manager at The Apartments, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Ready2Travel217,

Thank you for your review.

It is always great to get feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Apartments the next time
you are in London.

Have a great day!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Thanks to all the friendly staff we had a delightful week in Draycott Place. Our apartment was all we could wish for, and we really appreciated the apartment with a big shower and a view across the roofs. We hope to have a similar room in this great location next time we come to London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TheApartmentsUK, Reservations Manager at The Apartments, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for your great response!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Apartments in the future!!

Reservations Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our visit was two fold. Business and vacation. We stayed in Flat 6, 41 Draycott Place. These old buildings in London have no elevators or air conditioning. We had to get our bags up 4 sets of steps with approximately 15 to 20 steps per set. This particular flat has a terrible plumbing issue. I reported it the first day, (we stayed 10 days), and a plumber was to be sent out. There was excuses such as he couldnt make it that day because it was after 3 in the afternoon, had to order a part, part did not make the delivery for the day, old plumbing was cracked and need to be fixed, one for each day we were there. The shower only had about 3 holes water came out of in the shower head, and only intermintently at best. The toilet was not flushing properly and took about 25 minutes to refill the tank. Sometimes if others in the building were using water you would have no cold water only extremely hot and unbearable. Needless to say I was very unhappy with this situation. On the day before we were to leave, I was offered the flat across the hall to shower in or an upgraded room in a different building. In addition, the furniture was very old and dated, floors very squeakly, it was an all around dingy apartment. I wish I could have changed by the second day to another place but this was part a business trip for my husband and the company made the reservations. Serviced means no towel exchanges except for once in 10 days, we had to wash our own towels to have fresh ones. We did receive a 10% refund for the inconveinence but it did not smooth over any bad feelings because this place is expensive also.
My husband's IPAD came up missing during our packing time. We did make a police report but it has not been located. So that ruined the vacation a bit more. The people are very helpful on the phone and through email but beware of the rooms.
It was a great location close to stores for groceries and cafes, but I think I could have found a nicer place in the same neighborhood had I been able to do so.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Internet pictures are very deceiving.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed at the Chelsea location of "The apartments" earlier this year with my young family. We had several communications back and forth with staff prior to our departure...all very courteous and helpful. As we emailed a few times to confirm the date and time of our arrival (a Sunday afternoon) and no one indicated that this would be a problem, I cannot express the extent of my surprise and dismay when we arrived to the main office and no one was there to meet us and let us into our apartment. We waited quite some time but when no one came we set forth with our infant to find a pay phone....luckily another guest arrived at that time and was curiouly able to help us into our apartment.

Once we settled and were able to get over this initial fright, we had a lovely time in our apartment. It was well situated close to several good grocery stores (partridges, marks and spencers, and many more), some nice restaurants, good shopping on kings road, and in walking distance to two different subway lines. There was also a really nice playground close by if you are travelling with kids. The apartment itself was as advertised. We had a nice balcony off our room. I was a little disappointed with the frequency at which the cleaning staff came to pick up our garbage....I know it's not a fully serviced apartment, but even on days when the maid staff was there they frequent overlooked our room even when we had the "please clean room" sign on. Word of advice to parents...the windows do not have screens and are low to the ground, so had to keep a close eye on my little one the whole time....in retropect might have picked a room on a lower floor because of this.

Overall, I'd stay here again mainly because of the awesome location...although I will be very explicit with the staff when you are arriving and ensure someone will be there to meet you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stayed in early May for 9 days.

The initial communication was pretty good and despite other reviews we were escorted from the nearby office to our apartment by a very helpful staffer. From there the next 9 days was great, the apartment was the largest accommodation we had during our 3 week stay through Europe, it was comfortable, warm, and the laundry, kitchen and wireless internet came in very handy.

Location being in Chelsea is great with Harrods only 10mins walk away.

Would i stay there again? Yes.

Room Tip: Lower level apartments are valued.. less stairs!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Apartments? Share your experiences!