“The first time I have actually sent food back because it was so bad.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Garfunkel's - Northumberland Avenue

Garfunkel's - Northumberland Avenue
2-3 Northumberland Ave, London WC2N 5BW, England (Trafalgar Square / Embankment)
020 7839 5148
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,200 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: With its sterling reputation, Garfunkel's serves a wonderfully eclectic mix of British and international cuisine. A simple yet on-trend eatery, Garfunkel's serves an array of diverse menus, from breakfast through to dinner. The afternoon tea selection presents a sophisticated range, as well as delectable desserts and gourmet coffees.
birmingham uk
“The first time I have actually sent food back because it was so bad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My partner and I are staying at a hotel just down the road, and stopped by here for breakfast this morning. We both ordered pancakes with crispy bacon. The picture on the menu showed lovely crisp streaky American bacon on a nice stack of pancakes. What we were presented with was rubbery pancakes, and normal 'English' back bacon. I know you. Isn't think I am being fussy, but this type of bacon just doesn't go with pancakes and isn't what was pictured on the menu - Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it.

I also had a coffee, which was served to our table in a cup that was as coated on the outside in coffee as it was on the inside.

The person who was dealing with us didn't understand what I meant when I commented on the wrong type of bacon the first time when the food was put down in front of us, he took the plate away and returned it to me with the bacon a bit more cooked (by the way, my partner had three rashers of bacon, and I only had two?!). Anyhow, I thought I would give it a go, but I had a couple of mouthfuls of pancake and it was like eating rubber. So We had to call over another member of staff that actually spoke English who was very helpful, took the food away again. We didn't want anything else instead, so just paid for the drinks and left.

Will steer clear of any Garfunkels in the future. I can make better pancakes from scratch at home myself.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Good Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Good food, good service. Gives you what it says on the tin. Although busy, the service was also good

Carnforth, United Kingdom
“A great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had four different meals and all were really good.The service was also excellant .The meals were all reasonably charged and served without too much waiting

Dallas, Texas
“Good fallback restaurant for breakfast or lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Garfunkel's at Gloucester Road tube station is a good backup for breakfast or lunch if you don't want to search around for something more traditional near the station. Be advised that you have to order something that is specifically on the menu. Think of the movie "5 Easy Pieces" and the ham sandwich.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visited O2 outlet at 10.30 after a show only one person serving at bar, waited 20mins to be served then gave up, as did many others. It was the end of a show were they not expecting a rush at the bar? Not a space for no rating.