“Beit Hamadras - Kosher Indian Restuarant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8,991 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Kosher
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beit HaMadras are committed to bringing you the finest and freshest meals in beautiful surroundings and served in a professional way. We prides ourselves on serving some of the most authentic, refined Indian cuisine outside of India. Beit HaMadras specialties are marinated overnight in our chef's own prepared sauce combined with a blend of fresh herbs and exotic spices. We have combined dishes from all around India bringing together a unique variety of tastes and traditions. There is something for everyone, from children's choices including BHM Fried Chicken to lightly or non spiced dishes from the Grill and Tandoori oven for the less adventurous. For those with a more seasoned palate, please feel free to ask for chilli or extra chilli on anything you order.
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“Beit Hamadras - Kosher Indian Restuarant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went here last night with a group of 5 other friends. Very lively and noisy atmosphere. Food absolutely fabulous. I started with Mixed Veg Naan, mains was a vegetarian korma and to end I had the best chocolate mousse I've ever tasted. The mousse had shavings and mini balls of chocolate stirred into the mousse. The only down side was the slow service. We waited with little noshes of pitta and dips to stop us getting disgruntled, they were nice. Our starters came up about 30 minutes after we sat down. Then we waited for another long time for the mains to turn up. We had arrived at 8pm and the mains finally came just after 9 pm. By the we had our puddings, drinks etc., we left at 11 pm. A bit of a late night for anyone who had travelled from outside London, those who had an early start for work etc. So no 5*s because of the slow service, but I could not fault the food. Another meals ordered were spicy lamb chops, tandoori chicken, a Rogan dish and a couple of set meals. All the staff were extremely helpful and kind. So all in all, because of the excellent food for all three courses, I highly recommend this restaurant, but don’t go there if you’ve somewhere to go after, but to chat for a whole evening with friends, ideal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Good Kosher Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am not a great lover of Indian food and have visited several purely vegetarian restaurants in Brick Lane. I did sample a kosher vegetarian in Golders Green some time ago and decided that once was enough. It was therefore with a certain amount of reticence that I agreed to meet some friends in another Kosher Indian restaurant, this time in Hendon.

We had booked a round table near the door; the first thing I noticed was the clever use of a curtain to block of draughts from the door and give an increased sense of shelter and privacy. The menu was fairly typical Indian and the prices reasonable. We started with mixed Hors d'ouvres (portion for two either vegetarian or meaty - there were six of us and we shared two veggie ones and one meaty). It was ample and tasty (I would have it again).

We had a selection of main courses (I had lamb biryani). Very filling even if the lamb was not plentiful.

The ambience was good, the service okay(ish) - could have been quicker - but at least we didn't feel rushed, and the non spicy biryani was okay to my tender palate.

They had cobra beer (the other restaurant we visited had to go out and buy it !) and I had not adverse effects next day !

All in all, worth a go, if you like Indian and want to east Kosher. I would go there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“NOT very good really”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to Beit HaMadras today at lunch time.

We asked about the lunch special and the waiter tried to persuade us to have a much more expensive meal.

The set meal included two small pieces of Tandoori Chicken, two small pieces of kebab, a small dish of beef curry, a small dish of vegetable curry, a small heap of rice, onion/cucumber salad and naan.

The waiter cleared side plates so we had to put the naan on the table cloth. We were served water in wine glasses rather than tumblers.

The meat and vegetables looked and tasted as if they had been dropped into the curry sauce just before being served; the beef was tough and it was difficult to cut. When I have eaten beef curry elsewhere, the meat had been cooked for several hours and was so tender that it fell apart.

The curry sauce was very watery and NOT at all tasty.

Despite the fact that only two other tables were occupied, service was slow.

On a previous visit, when the restaurant had an “as much as you can eat buffet”, we enjoyed the meal and went away very happy. Today, I went away hungry.

Perhaps the experience would have been better if we had chosen from the ALC menu - but much more expensive.

I will certainly think twice about going to Beit HaMadras again. I have been looking forward to todays lunch for a couple of weeks but went away VERY disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

True we were in a large party, but service was erratic, rather slow. Quality of food at most indifferent. Portions were adequate. Parking in the area during the day rather difficult, but not a problem in the evening. It is fair to say, the are which has many restaurants but as far as quality is concerned, it is a culinary desert.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Mediocre food, outrageous price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Kosher Indian restaurant. The food was OK, I suppose, but really not up to the standard of other Indian restaurants I've been to, and greatly more expensive. The service was friendly enough, but slow, our drinks weren't brought, and from our table we could see into the bar area to see the waiter wipe his nose on the back of his hand and the waitress pick up clean glasses with her fingers inside them.

Unimpressed, won't go back.

• Visited February 2013