“Nice pizza, service a bit laid back” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
J
148 Regents Park Road, London NW1 8XN, England (Marylebone)
02075869100
Improve this listing
Ranked #6,379 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
London, United Kingdom
“Nice pizza, service a bit laid back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food, not too pricey, but service can be a bit hit and miss. Pizzas are nice and the starters are varied, but the wait can be very long whether the restaurant if full or half empty. Overall nice and italian though and I'd recommend it for winter and summer.

Visited October 2012

64% Recommend
London
“Risotto for winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have had ups and downs with this place. Service can be patchy but better recently. I really like the chicken with veggies. Sometimes it comes in risotto, sometimes individually. Either way it's good. Prices always fair and the breakfast is amazing value.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Read the reviews on tripadvisor and feared the worst but we had no choice... Food was excellent - each dish copious and delicious. Atmosphere and service are quite standard but I'd rather have a full stomach of exquisite taste. Prices are quite standard for this level of fare and I certainly didn't feel ripped off.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Superb pasta dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I make a point to eat here every time we visit my parents. Their midweek lunch deal - pizza or pasta + a drink for £6.95 is a steal. The pasta dishes are some of the very best we have tasted but they can vary dish to dish with quality. The carbonara for example was not very good but some of the asparagus and pesto based dishes have really excelled. I always choose the pizza and have yet to be disappointed.
They have nice outdoor seats on the pavement.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Leaves a Bitter Taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Having been a satisfied and loyal customer for many years, I booked a table for 4. Although not having been there for 6 months I wasn’t expecting any major changes to detract from the experience. Unfortunately this was not the case.

- Upon arrival (on-time) and having booked a table well in advance, we were made to wait for a table despite a table for 4 sitting empty for over 10 minutes. Another table eventually cleared next to this table and we were able to sit down, still with that table empty.

- When ordering the wine, I selected a familiar Barbera d'Alba from the premium list. When a bottle was brought to the table it was a completely different wine. I queried this and was assured twice it was ‘the same wine’ simply with an updated label. One of my guests knows that region well and pointed out to the waitress that this was completely untrue and that the imposter wine actually comes from over 800 kms away.

- We ordered rosemary bread. It was presented void of any rosemary and a little stale. When pointing out the absence of rosemary, a waiter assured us the brown specs were rosemary and there was nothing wrong with the dish. It didn't smel or taste of rosemary - why, because it was onion! When a replacement was served, it arrived with rosemary and didn’t look anything like the original dish.

- The tuna main course dish was not fresh, its smell camouflaged by the over use of crushed pepper. The offending tuna steak led to all the symptoms you’d expect a few hours after leaving the restaurant.

This is a disappointing reflection of a venue we used to frequent. For a meal that cost well over £100 it also left our first time guests highly unimpressed with their visit.

• Visited November 2011