“Great meal, great service and lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roux at The Landau

Roux at The Landau
1C Portland Place, London W1B 1JA, England (Marylebone)
+44 20 7965 0165
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Transit: Underground: Oxford Circus
Description: Father and son Albert and Michel Roux Jr are working together for the first time in 19 years. This new partnership brings Roux’s legendary culinary expertise and creativity to the newly re-named Roux at The Landau, their second West End address. Roux protégé Chris King has been chosen as Chef de Cuisine, with menus reflecting the Roux trademark style of classically-constructed French dishes, blended with today’s tastes for lighter choices.
Welwyn, Herts
“Great meal, great service and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We very carefully picked the Roux at the Landau for a birthday meal as we didnt want anything too rich in terms of food. We were seated at a perfect table with plenty of space. The food was fantastic - couldnt fault it at all and the service was impecable with a couple of staff having a great sense of humour. All in all a perfect evening and certainly a place we will return to and recommend. It wasnt cheap but then great quality, service and atmosphere to contribute to an enjoyable evening never is!

Visited October 2013

london
“Excellent set menu by Michel Roux!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife booked this as a surprise for my birthday at roux at the landau at the Langham . Everything was perfect . We had the set menu with an excellent bottle of red which came to 150 pounds all in with a glass of champagne and coffee . Excellent value for such excellent food and general ambience . Offer only open to end of November so get your skates on !

cardiff
“Excellent in almost all ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We booked a table on 9th October and sadly I was late in arriving - checked at the desk at the entrance to the restaurant and was told that my friend had not arrived so I paced about in the bar and public areas looking for her - wasting more precious time. Knowing how organised she is I went into the restaurant and there she was - so not a good start by the staff. After that things became a great deal better. The service was faultless - pleasant and efficient. We had booked the £35 deal which included a glass of champagne. I started with the oeuf mollet with a salt cod brandade and squid ink vinaigrette - this was all excellent and with it I enjoyed a glass of sauvignon blanc. For my second course I had confit of duck with a pistachio-yoghurt dressing and this too was first class. With that I could not do without a glass of good red wine. We went without the inclusive dessert for the sake of "bella figura". The bill somehow came to £120 - I guess we had 3 expensive glasses of wine? In any case it was well worth it and the whole experience was delightful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Excellent value, service & quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A £35 per person lunch, for 3 courses including a glass of champagne. 3 choices per course, and very nice choices. Excellent service, very friendly & helpful staff, beautiful ambience. Excellent presentation, and food quality to match. Very impressed. The restaurant was almost full, so they are pitching their prices correctly! Both of us who dined today will return!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Amazing Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

From the start to the end it was truly an amazing experience. The dining room was stunning and as I have a restricted diet but the waiting staff could not do enough for me.
My husband and I felt very special. The food was out of this world. I have told everyone what a lovely time we had.
I would love to go back again. But there are lots of other places I would also like to try as well.
It is not something you would do every day as it is a little expensive. But you do get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2013