“Good food, simple friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spices

Spices
10 Chapel Market | Isligton, London, England (Islington / Clerkenwell)
020 7837 7151
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spices is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,495 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Islington / Clerkenwell
Description: What you get at Spices is simple: exceptional food, really great prices and service that is second to none. All of the food is cooked from fresh, so arrival time of the food will increase accordingly but definitely worth the wait! When the food arrives, you are never disappointed.One of the reasons why we're still here today is because our customers love our food. Simply because everything we use is of high quality and freshly made. So you can actually taste the difference in aroma and texture, it will definitely put a spark in your taste buds, just exactly how it should be made.We specialize in high quality Indian/Bangladeshi cuisine placing more emphasis on quality rather than speed, and as we are very passionate about our food. There is also catering for vegetarians We believe if a customer has tasted our food once, we can almost guarantee they'll be back again for more.First Indian Restaurant in Islington for HOME STYLE COOKING try once to believe itTo make your dining experience even more affordable we operate a Bring Your Own Drink policy. You are very welcome to bring your own wine or beer, without being charged corkage. There is also a Special 5 Course Meal Deal £10.95 per person. Excluding soft drinks which we will provide.
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Good food, simple friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to Spices this evening based only on the fact I was staying near Euston station and that it scored highly on TripAdvisor. The restaurant is small (ten tables) and not glamorous. The welcome was friendly and the service throughout was quick and straightforward. The food was excellent. Care was taken to ensure I received the right level of spice and it was achieved. Not expensive and I would definitely go there again.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“We've been going for 22 years, it must be good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Spices isn't an haut cuisine experience and it may not be the finest Indian food in the world but for the price you really can't beat it. Ali, the owner, is usually around and absolutely lovely and accommodating -- he told my daughter not to order Chicken Tikka Masala because it has too much sugar in it, but made her something similar. We tend to order everything balti -- our favourites are the balti garlic chicken, mattar paneer, bindi bhaji. But it's a real little gem, unprepossessing, inexpensive, friendly.

• Visited September 2013
“Just average,pity.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just love indian food. Decided to choose "Spices" purely based on Tripadvisor's reviews. Don't know what to think about it. Whether reviews are posted in order to increase popularity of this establishment or whoever was dining there most probably never experienced anything better. It is not best Indian food as people say here on TA that for sure,its just OK. Good value you may think? Not for the very little portions you pay. When you look at the menu it loos cheap but than you get literally 3 king prawns with your dish. Lack of presentation although service was good and food fresh. When placing my order was asked in scale of 1 to10 how hot my food should be done. I went for 8 thinking not to burn my guts and tongue but was disappointed again as I didn't feel any kick that vindaloo or madras should have it. I feel sorry to rate this place so low especially when the owner was so nice to us but food overall let us down.It wasn't to our expectations.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Five of us ate at this lovely small Indian restaurant with an interesting and varied menu. The owner discusses your order with you and tweaks any dish to suit your palate. I had a delicious paneer roll and a mixed prawn curry which was beautifully spiced. The portions were very generous - the only downside being we ordered far too much rice, naan and roti. The bill was very reasonable and another plus is that you can take your own beer, wine etc.

I would certainly like to go back and try other dishes.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“SUPERB INDIAN FOOD- AMAZING VALUE *****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had thje most delicious and incredible Indian / Bengal food at Spices this weekend! went with a group of friends as had been recommended this place by other friends.

The food and service was top notch! we all commented on how amazing the food was, I didn't eat better whilst living in India for 3 months!

And... Amazing value too- we felt like we were robbing the place when we paid!

Please visit this place and keep and amazing little independent restaurant on its feet!

• Visited August 2013