“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge London Southwark

You added Travelodge London Southwark to your Saves list
Travelodge London Southwark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   202-206 Union Street | Southwark, London SE1 0LH, England (Southwark)   |
Ranked #288 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norwich
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed for three nights. The room was very clean and sorted out and tidied during the days of our stay. Excellent breakfast. Air con was difficult to set at a good temperature. The windows did not open because of the railway lines close by, which we could hardly hear. Once or twice the plumbing made a screeching sound, presumably when somebody in another room was using a shower, but generally this was not a problem. I would recommend this venue which is convenient for several theatres in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to London for the weekend for my grandaughters 16th birthday and stopped at the Southwark Travel Lodge for the weekend . Let me tell you i have stopped in hotels 4 @ 5 star but have never had such marvelous service .I asked the manager if it was possible for us all to be seated on the sunday as it was my grandaughters birthday he said not a problem asked if we had a cake and balloons i said no as it was a surprize weekend .So sorry i should tell you the manager i spoke to was called Zviad he and the waitress Joanna between them bought a Birthday Cake ,Birthday Balloons and Birthday serviettes I can not thank you enough for making my grandaughters birthday so special .And thanks to Claudio the barman who looked after us so well If you are ever going to london Southwark Travel Lodge is Certainly the Place to Stay margaret from leeds

• Stayed September 2013
Neath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just come back from a long awaited trip to London as a family trip. We booked the Travelodge at Southwark for £259 for two nights. First impressions were great. Excellent location, step out of the hotel and you can see the tube station. It's in a nice location.

After being up to catch our train at 3am we were looking forward to an early night. The room was clean but my sons bed was right up against a window that went to the floor. Now I know it's double glazing but the drop made me uncomfortable.

We switched off and by 12am we were woken VERY VERY LOUDLY by an awful horn like noise coming from the water system. This went on ALL NIGHT every 20 minutes. I had no sleep and it was a scary sound. My son was frightened. By 1am I got dressed and went to reception. The man on reception was very kind and very apologetic. I explained that this was unacceptable and that I had read on here that other guests had the same issue. I do think that this is a continuing problem they cant sort and try and limit the people who complain about it. He said it wasn't a hotel problem otherwise all the other guests would be down here complaining and that our room (519) was close to the water system. He offered us to change rooms that night but we had just settle our son off but offered to change us in the morning.

The next day they took our things and said that we would put away from the pipes to a quieter room and we could pick up the keys. Can I say the staff were very accomadating and friendly. We were put into 726 and to our dismay around 10pm the same noise happened again and if anything it was worse. I think the moving rooms thing is what the staff do if people complain because they can't fix the problem and they want you to think they helped. They are right I couldn't be bothered to go down again and in the morning the reception was packed. I was just exhausted. It really ruined our trip. It's close to the railway but I could live with that, it's the blasts of the pipes all night that kept us awake. Really disappointed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge London Southwark, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Sarah_334 we’re really sorry to hear about the disruption you have been experiencing at our hotel during your stay. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review. All customer feedback is invaluable to us and we will ensure that the hotel is made aware of the comments that you have made.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at TravelLodge with my partner. Checked in bang on 3pm and got a choice of floor, room was on 6th floor and had an amazing view of the shard.

Rooms have recently been redecorated to a very high standard for what you would expect. No hair dryer in room but went to ask at reception and was given one straight away. All staff very extremely helpful and friendly! Breakfast was also delicious and fresh, lots of choice!

Location was superb! Just down the road from the Southwark tube station, there is also a 24hour connivence shop right next to the hotel. Hotel is also very secure, main entrance is locked between 10pm - 6am and can only be accessed by a room card.

When visiting London again will most certainly stop here!

Room Tip: Check in as soon as available (3pm) for choice of floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

False fire alarm went off at 4am. hoards of folk had to trudge out onto the main road and await the firebrigade that went in with breathing apparatus. Not surprised as so much fine concrete dust was thrown up from the many feet rushing down the escape stairwell. Gave me awful breathing problems for weeks afterwards. Just to put the icing on the cake the alarm went off again the next night at 6am ! Would I stay again absolutely NOT. very little sympathy from the manager and no recompense whatsoever .

AVOID.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel was perfect clean with plenty of room and everything we needed, it was also an excellent price! We came to London on business and basically needed a room for the night it was a lot better than we expected

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited London for one night with our two boys and stayed at the Travelodge Southwark. Handy location only 2 minutes walk from the tube - you could leave your cases there which we did and then had a day out in London.

Friendly reception staff, clean and tidy room and a good night's sleep even though we could see the railway tracks. We had breakfast which was fine - overall a good choice for a base in London for the weekend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge London Southwark? Share your experiences!