“Great club, warm welcome, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victory Services Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
63-79 Seymour Street, London, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #13 of 615 Specialty lodging in London
Highworth, United Kingdom
“Great club, warm welcome, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I use the VSC occasionally, whenever I need to stay in London. Location is great, right by Marble Arch, rooms are ok - some of the older ones could do with a refurb, but generally that are all of at least a satisfactory standard. Staff very helpful, breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed January 2013

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I joined the VSC on my trip to UK in 2010 following the recommendations of my mother when planning a return visit to UK from Australia. I find the location of VSC is excellent being a short distance from Marble Arch underground, bus stops and Hyde Park. As a solo traveler I feel comfortable here and always made welcome. I had booked a room for my early am arrival into UK but the flight was delayed. Unable to advise of delay VSC had in the meantime rung my contact # to ask if I was still arriving.

This visit I requested a premium Memorial twin room to see the difference between the Centenary premium and as stated on the web furnishings are comparable of 3 to 4 star but room was still very good. There is a walk from the lift past some of the Centenary rooms to get to the Memorial Wing but it is level. The ensuite was new and room was comfortable with tasteful decoration. The bed was comfortable and the room had individual temp control which I appreciated. I found housekeeping to be very accommodating with any requests eg. extra teabags, milk and different biscuits due to allergy. Also I reported a faulty exhaust fan which was repaired.

I have always requested a quiet room which means one facing the back of the property. I was on the 4th floor and passed the shared bathroom facilities which also looked new. From 7.00am there was low building noise above my room which I took to be ongoing renovation but the noise level was low until 9am when tools were used. I had a quest stay with me and she also found the room very comfortable and the food excellent with the breakfast having excellent choices.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For a few days, the VSC is worth considering. Full English breakfast and other meals are excellent and reasonably priced. This is not the very "upper-class" London Club --- although it does convey the feeling of being "British"! My wife and I are members and use the club whenever we have only a few days in London, otherwise we rent a furnished flat for a week or more.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a Centenary twin room for one night. I asked for a quiet room and this was away from the Edgeware Road on the fourth floor. The beds were comfortable but had a sheet and a blanket - not what we are used to. The bathroom was clean with toiletries supplied and the water was always hot. Tea and coffee - more than we needed -was on a tray with a kettle but the milk supply was too meagre.
A hairdryer was supplied.
Breakfast was very good with lots of choice.
You can come and go at any time of day. The staff are friendly.There is a bar which is rather expensive and seemed to lack snacks.There are quiet areas for relaxing or reading. The location is excellent - near to Hyde Park and Marble Arch. I'll certainly use the Club again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the Centenary wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Yet another first class stay with Victory Services. What more can I say. Good food, good wine, good price. Location central to Marble Arch. Just money well spent. Staff polite and professional. Front of house staff professional and very courteous and always willing to help

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As always, the VSC maintined its excellent standards and value for money. Had to change the original day, but as always it was no problem for the staff to sort out. As an ex-military person, this has to be one of the best value places to stay in London.
Well done again to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I could find no faults with the club. From the moment I was met at the door to the moment I left, I was treated with courtesy. The front of house staff were always ready to help and the only complaint I had( my TV didn't work properly) was dealt with promptly..
The food was excellent but a little pricey but then I was in Central London. The waitresses were efficient and attentive. The bedroom was comfortableand everything I needed was to hand. It was very quiet in the Centenary Wing. The prices were reasonable and the facilities were excellent.
On leaving, I was asked if I needed a taxi and one was made available as soon as I reached the door. I thorughly enjoyed my stay there and hope to go again soon.

Room Tip: Book early ! Try for rooms in he Centenary Wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Victory Services Club? Share your experiences!