“Another excellent stay up in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victory Services Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
You added Victory Services Club to your Saves list
63-79 Seymour Street, London, England   |
Ranked #17 of 692 Specialty Lodging in London
Canberra, Australia
“Another excellent stay up in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As always, the VSC maintined its excellent standards and value for money. Had to change the original day, but as always it was no problem for the staff to sort out. As an ex-military person, this has to be one of the best value places to stay in London.
Well done again to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I could find no faults with the club. From the moment I was met at the door to the moment I left, I was treated with courtesy. The front of house staff were always ready to help and the only complaint I had( my TV didn't work properly) was dealt with promptly..
The food was excellent but a little pricey but then I was in Central London. The waitresses were efficient and attentive. The bedroom was comfortableand everything I needed was to hand. It was very quiet in the Centenary Wing. The prices were reasonable and the facilities were excellent.
On leaving, I was asked if I needed a taxi and one was made available as soon as I reached the door. I thorughly enjoyed my stay there and hope to go again soon.

Room Tip: Book early ! Try for rooms in he Centenary Wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at the VSC for 7 nights in the older wing (Memorial Wing) of the club. Reservations staff were extremely helpful during the booking process.

Arrived in the early hours of the morning before the published check-in time so my room was not ready, however the staff were extremely helpful in accommodating me with a shower so I could freshen up after the long flight from Australia.

The facilities were basic but, you have to remember what the VSC is, it’s a club not a standard hotel and it’s all about value for money. The rooms in the older wing are very plain but functional. The beds are a little on the small side, and the plastic sheet under the bottom sheet is a little odd. Do they get a lot of guests with bladder problems?

Location of the club is fantastic, and this makes it a very good base to get around Central London. The other guests staying in the club I met were all friendly and were of all ages, ranks, and included both current and ex-serving members of various nations.

The Lounge Bar staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good.

As mentioned by other posters, I feel that some staff could really be a little bit more welcoming and less surly. You would think being a club it would have a different feel with its customer service than the big chain hotels, however it was really lacking by some of the front desk and concierge staff.

I am glad I am a member, and I will more than likely stay here again on my next UK trip, however will make sure I book the new Centenary Wing rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked a room on return from Afghanistan using their reduced rates for those returning from overseas within the last 6 months, website stated "A letter of proof of Service in Theatre on headed paper, signed by your Unit Admin Officer, is required on all bookings" so turned up with such a letter only to be told it wasn't good enough as it didn't have the specific day I returned to the UK, only the month.

As a result I was expected to pay double the price and get the letter re-written (by a senior ranking officer who would be on post tour leave at home with their family) and returned to them within 5 days for a partial refund.

Rude staff who obviously don't have a clue how the military function, ended up having to find another hotel for the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VSCMarketing, Assistant Marketing Manager at Victory Services Club, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are very sorry that you had a disappointing stay at the VSC, and take your comments very seriously.

Our Operations Manager, Mark Field would like to speak with you to discuss the matter please could you kindly contact him at the Club.
wilts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night at the same time as my parents who are members. Both rooms were extremely comfortable doubles, with a spotless en suite, in the obviously refurbished section of the building. Great location close to Paddington Station and transport links all over London. Great breakfast, although the breakfast room downstairs was extrenely busy and canteen like. They had just had a function so there were a lot of people staying at the weekend. My parents have been using this for years as their home from home whenever they go to London, but this was my first time. I think the price compares very favourably with other London hotels and it certainly has a friendly and safe atmosphere. Would be happy to stay here on my own.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Would have liked to have given a better rating. The staff were excellent, friendly, courteous and helpful. We attended a function which was really well organized. The venue was superb and the food great, served quickly and efficiently. Breakfast is served from 7am till 10 with a fine range of choices. The whole was let down by the bedroom. The bed was comfortable but the decor was tired and the bathroom was dated and in urgent need of refitting. Traffic noise was a problem all night and the banging of wardrobe doors at 5 am in the next room didn't help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I usually stay at one of the Millennium Hotels in South Ken when I visit London, but welcomed the opportunity to try the VSC with my husband who is US Army. My mother in law had 1 room in the older wing, and we had 1 in the new and each was wonderfully clean, nicely appointed, with nice decor and the amenities were above what we had anticipated. The staff went OUT OF THEIR WAY in friendliness and helpfulness, and the neighborhood felt homey within a day - complete with 'our' local just a few blocks away (recommended by the amazing concierge). The public rooms are done beautifully modern though not sterile at all, and the food in the dining room was lovely and not stuffy. The bar was a highlight - where we felt a special connection since it's all service members. A wonderful stay, and now it's our place in London when we plan our next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for the Centenary Wing and book far, far in advance!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family