“Nice people on service but not clean rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Stratford Hotel
43 Romford Road | Stratford, London E15 4LY, England   |
Ranked #429 of 535 London B&B and Inns
STRASBOURG
“Nice people on service but not clean rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have room 5. The floor was not clean and in the bathroom it was same.
The service was very polite ans smiley .
But floor and other was not clean, thats the essential remark i can give

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I needed a simple place to stay for just 1 night.
Arriving at the hotel a friendly guy showed me the room next to the reception. Looked clean, so far so good. I had an early flight the next morning so wanted to sleep early.
I am not expecting a sound proof room but I could hear every single thing what was going on at the reception so asked for another room. They were very friendly and gave me another room.
This was a nightmare! Although it was nice of them to give me another room, this room was horrible (understatement!). The bed wasn't cleaned, shower was dirty and I didnt even wanted to clean myself with the towels. They had a disgusting smell.
I had to go downstairs at 11:00pm to ask for clean sheets and changed them myself with the receptionist. CRAZY! I paid for a room and had to clean my own bed :s.
I am not asking a lot for the price I paid (still 40 ponds), but no clean sheets and towels?!? (This is standard in every hotel.)
I wanted to leave in the middle of the night but stayed until the next morning.
Put my clothes on, cleaned my face and left.
Figured that I would be cleaner without a shower then with one :)

Just a simple tip: Don't go here. Even the employees tell you not to go (below standards) and for just a bit more money you can stay in a nice hotel :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Firstly what can I say, I had thought it strange that I had to pay the final bill before we actually saw the room... Now I know why! We were shown to our dingy basement room with 5 beds, a window that couldn't be opened, wardrobes that didn't fit together correctly, no tv as promised dirty carpets, pillows which were like paper, mismatched bed linen which I'm pretty sure hadn't been washed as there seemed to have been all sorts of human excrement on each duvet cover! When we did try to sleep the room was noisy as we were quite clearly beneath the 24hr reception! Once morning came all of the lights and shower were not working in our room! Once the shower was working the basin was filled with at least an inch of water! I am not usually one to complain and I wouldn't usually take negative comments too seriously on here! But this place was BAD! It made faulty towers look like the ritz!

• Stayed April 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I attempted to stay here but left before 10.30pm having been in the room only 3 hours. It was drafty, freezing cold and the radiator did not work. I asked the girl running the bar downstairs (the only staff running the whole place who made it clear she didn't have time for the accommodation guests) for help and she gave me a portable heater. This didn't warm the room up as the windows were so shoddy.

I was given the room above the bar and I asked about noise levels. The girl said "you shouldn't hear the music" for the DJ night that was due to be on later. As if! The music was full blast and far too loud, I could hear everything through the ceiling. No way could anyone have slept through that.

I rang a taxi and left. I have since contacted the hotel and booking.com who I booked it through to ask for my money back, no response yet. I know it was a fairly cheap room, but still, I expect some level of service. This hotel was not good and the customer service to try and fix the issues was non existent.

Do not stay here.

Room Tip: do not stay here, especially in the room over the bar.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

When you want to visit London for a few days, don't want to spend a lot of money on your hotel (we are Dutch...), but you want a clean room, good shower and a friendly welcome, stay at Stratford Hotel.
It is a mansion, close to a busstop, underground- and trainstation with small but clean rooms and very friendly receptionists. There are a small refrigerator, a microwave and a watercooker in every room. In the neighbourhood you will find a supermarket with a place to have breakfast. There are restaurants and there is a small shoppingcentre. It takes about 40 minutes to reach the centre of London by bus and less time if you take the underground. We found it excellent value for your money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

The same thing happened to me as the person who said that they changed the rates! Booking.com were as helpful as they could be but should drop this hotel as they only try to rip you off! We had a confirmation only to be told it was over booked. After 2 phone calls from booking.com there didn't seem anything could be done. Then 2 months later the hotel said if we paid more, we could have the room. The rate was 150 pounds but would give it to us for 125 pounds. Then over last weekend when we were away, an email came in to say that our credit card number was not correct & we had 24hrs to correct it or we would lose the booking which is what happened! As the night we had booked is the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics I can only assume they can get higher rates so dropped us without having to compensate us for the cancellation. I think we had a lucky escape! DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Stratford Hotel? Share your experiences!