“Just awful - avoid like the plague” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Redland House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Redland House Hotel
52 Kendal Street | Hyde Park, London W2 2BP, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #438 of 517 London B&B and Inns
essex
“Just awful - avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Despite receiving email confirmation of our booking, when we arrived we were told there was no room available and that we would have to move to another hotel. The reception/dining room is located in the basement, down a flight of very narrow and unsafe stairs. The person there was unhelpful to the point of rudeness and failed to explain why our confirmed booking was actually a lie. Will be making a formal complaint to the governing body and will be looking for a full refund. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place - it is obviously run by crooks and/or liars. Incidentally, we moved on to the Ventures Hotel in Sussex Gardens. Basic, but clean and extremely helpful staff.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
chards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

I stayed on saturday night with my partner and my mum her partner, the website looked really nice and thought we had a winner with the price. when we got there you walk in where there was leaflets of pizza places and curry houses all over the floor which no one bothered to pick up. it smelt old and damp you then had to walk down a very steep staircase, to be greatted by a very grubby room where breakfast is obviously served. it had modern furniture and a nice plasma screen on the wall. the food service station was horrid with the fruit juices left out not in the refridgerator as they should be once opened.

The man who greated us told me to wait as he was speaking to someone on the phone who was obviosuly a friend not business, he was so rude. he hardly looked at me and was not very helpful when it came to explaining the parking.

we booked a delux room, delux my [--]. you couldnt swing a cat in their. the bed was a horrible divan base brightly colour no valance to hide it, then a piece of mdf on top of that then a 'nice' springy mattress springs digging in everywhere. the covers seemed relitively clean but was very thin for a december night. to go to the toilet you were practically sitting in the shower at the same time and unfortunately for me and my husband, who is rather tall he coudlnt shut the bathroom door and his knees poked out so wasnt pleasant.

in all it was horrible, we didnt even attempt to go for breakfast and it was just horrid. when we checked out they didnt even say bye or asked if we enjoyed our stay! awful!

my advice is do not stay there! just horrible!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Odense
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

There is everything wrong with this hotel, the blanked was very, very dirty when I came, and there are no elevators. The stairs are steep, dirty, bad-smelling and dangerous. The staff is unfriendly and they are even dirty as well.

This was an awful experience and I couldn't even stay there over the night this was that bad - and I am used to stay in low budget hotels and I require no extra service, being 26 year old healthy male. I wouldn't even let my dog stay in such a shabby place this was really, really awful.

DON'T BOOK THIS HOTEL IT IS TERRIBLE, unless you don't care to sleep in others people's dirt, bad smelling environment.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Zuerich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Rooms are very small, en-suite facilities are smaller than in a camper and dirty, staff ist very unfriendly. 2 of 3 PCs in their 'mini buisness center' did not work as well as the TV in the room. Breakfast was miserable. We stayed for 5 nights. During the whole stay the room has not been cleaned...!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Zug
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Absolute unfriendly service, toilett brown(sh...!!!), room was never cleand. Shower and toilett in a motorhome are bigger. Carpet dirty and stinky! If you want a cleand room, you have to do it by yourself, even on your arrival day-
NEVER EVER. A pitty, that this was one of my first impressions of London. It's better to sleep besinde a homeless in the park!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I booked a newly refurbed double room using the website... the rooms on the site looked good and the site was pretty professional. Reality was very different, true... the room had been recently refurbed... it still had paint spashes on the bedspread (and other stains)... and spilt paint marks on the floor. The room was horrible, with holes in the walls, a TV that didn't work and a en-suite that was smaller than what you would find on a boat or in a caravan. That was the good bit, the communal corridoors were dirty and very damaged and the whole place smelled like it hadn't been cleaned for a very long time.

In hindsight I shouldn't have stayed... but I arrived late and was VERY deperate for a room. My advice... DON'T USE THIS HOTEL IT'S THE WORSE PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED AT.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

This hotel may not be the nicest place I've ever stayed, but for a £50 double in central London it sure can't be beat. The room was a little musty, but not bad. Shared bathroom was old but clean.

The staff was great, and breakfast was excellent. Overall, if money is no object, then this probably isn't the place for you. But if you're traveling on a tight budget, I highly recommend it. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to Redland House Hotel? Share your experiences!