“Cosy family meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gusto Notting Hill - CLOSED

Gusto Notting Hill
97 Westbourne Park Villas | Tube Station: Notting Hill, Queensway, Bayswater, Royal Oak, London W2 5ED, England (Notting Hill)
+44 20 7792 3369
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Description: "This authentic Italian restaurant is exactly what you would expect of a local gem: friendly service, home made food using quality ingredients, an affordable wine list and a sunny terrace to while away the summer months. A healthy and filling selection of salads make it a good lunch option too" ZAGAT - 10 under-the-Radar Gems in London. Gusto Notting Hill is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Please check our website for opening hours. Dinner: Monday to Saturday 6.30Pm to 11pm Breakfast & Lunch: Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 4.30Pm
Warwickshire
“Cosy family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a lovely cosy table for 6 for a family supper. Service was brilliant. Starters were selected for us to share and were beautifully fresh and tasty - Italian ham, mozzarella, delicious bread with toppings.

Pasta dishes were plentiful and delicious. Three of us chose the veal, which was really tender with a gorgeous sauce and potatoes, but unfortunately it was not very hot and we felt we had to eat it quickly to enjoy at its best - such a shame - hot plates maybe?

Desserts were lovely and wine was superb. We had a really special evening and felt very well looked after.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Best meal of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Made the trip to Gusto Notting Hill based on Tripadvisor's rating and the cold walk from the station with my family was well worth it. By far the best meal I had in my London trip.
Had the very reasonably priced set lunch, the panzanella and the minestrone were very yummy and authentic. The cakes are served with a generous dollop of mascarpone, brilliant! I'm gonna start eating all my cakes with mascarpone now. Thanks Gusto, the meal totally made our day

Salisbury
“Nice place, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

a very nice restaurant, although we missed the chef and the lunch hours, we were still served a really nice meal, fantastic customer service and delicious tiramisu, highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great tasting Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked this restaurant for lunchtime on Easter Saturday mainly because of the good reviews and it was local to where we were (Portabello Market).

Upon entry, we were given a choice of seats as it wasn't that busy and the whole place had a quirky feel to it - not your typical type of restaurant. However, they immediately asked if we were here for breakfast or lunch (it was 2pm), which was a bit odd as I had made lunch reservation and this made it seem more like a cafe-restaurant.

The best thing about this place was the food. It really was so good. The portions weren't very big but the quality was excellent. The cake desserts were all on show near to our table as well so we couldn't resist dessert. The tiramasu was the best I have tasted.

However a few minor problems... we found it a bit odd that our wine we ordered was served in small water glasses rather than wine glasses, especially when wine glasses on show behind the counter. The wine was good though which made up for it. Also, during main course, they took my plate away whilst my partner was still eating, which we both thought was slightly rude.

Generally though, it was a nice meal and good value for good food in London. Overall 4*

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“In a word, random.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm going with the 'ok, but not so special' reviewer on this one. In short, I picked Gusto for dinner on Easter Saturday night for two reasons; local to where I was at the time, and - quite simply - the many positive reviews. Firstly, when booking, the proprietor asked if I could arrive 10 minutes early (6.50pm). No problem. I arrive (with five friends). They think our party of five is 'Gordon'. No, there's six of us, I reply. 'But that's Simon', they query. 'Err, yes, that's me,' I confirm. Considering the place is empty, it's an amateurish start. We are the ONLY people there. Weird. We are then hurried into ordering, although I have no idea why - it's not as though people were queuing out of the door. Menus (hilariously, only two to start with - are they rationing them?) foisted upon us, specials reeled off, wine/drinks order proffered immediately. SLOWWWW DOWN. We order starters (crab-cakes, not bad, fresh-tasting). My girlfriend is the last to finish - but they remove everyone's plate whilst she's finishing (the height of rudeness in my book). SLOWWW DOWN, I suggest. The waitress nods, smiles but doesn't apologise. Owner asks us how the starters were - 'avocado is rock hard', replies my girlfriend. 'Ah, yes, sorry, they're hard at this time of year', he responds. Really? How about errr...serving something else? Most of us have pasta for a main. It's better, and goes some way to improving the mood (and my mental rating of the place), although still pretty bog-standard pasta in a mushroom sauce (at £13 a pop). They offer us a free pudding (to share, naturally) in light of the avocado 'issue', which is a nice touch. We finish it. We leave. Look, it's not terrible, it's just very, very middle-of-the-road. I love Italy, Italians, Italian food, relaxed Italian service etc. etc. I'm guessing that none (or, at least, very few) of these reviews are by people who've ever been to the country or, indeed, have ever left Notting Hill, so think Gusto ticks all the right/quaint/family-owned/cosy/home-cooked boxes they think a restaurant should measure itself against. In my opinion, it's wide of the mark. Try elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013