“Great lively bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ring

The Ring
72 Blackfriars Rd, London SE18Ha, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)
02076200811
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,167 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Bar, Fish & Chips, Hot Dogs
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark
Description: Famously situated opposite the site of the historic home of British boxing and sharing its name, this compact pub certainly punches above its weight. Pictures of the men who boxed at The Ring and went on to become World, European and British Champions adorn the walls. There's plenty of seating outside the pub, which is directly opposite Southwark tube station and acts as a great focal point, landmark and meeting place right on the corner of Blackfriars Road and The Cut. The Ring boasts a great selection of Lagers, Real ales and Craft beers as well as a delectable food menu including BIG APPLE HOTDOGS which are hand-made in London using only natural casings and quality ingredients, using free range pork and prime beef! Award winning Home made Burgers, Scotch Eggs, Nachos and Fish and Chips. We look forward to seeing you at The Ring.
UK
“Great lively bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

A great bar right next door to southwark underground. Buzzing at lunch with a good range of food and beer. There is also a great history of boxing behind this venue

Visited November 2013

91% Recommend
“Very Good Pub Grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were staying close by and called in one wet evening on way back. My first impression was not good I thought that it was just a drinking bar and was about to leave, but then spotted the menu board and decided to give it a try. We went for Fish and Chips I had a pint of cask ale and my wife a white wine. When the food arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The beer battered fish was served with hand cut chips and fish was presented on a bed of mushy peas. First class fish and chips. We even had a second pint and wine before walking across the road to our hotel. If I ever return I will have to try out the sausage.

London
“It's a "Knockout"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My partner took me here this week for lunch... He said he heard that the pub did the best hotdogs. I was so looking forward to it.

It's a lovely little pub ... We opted for the Scotch egg as starter which we both had and I have to say it was the best Scotch egg I've EVER eaten. It was delicious and warm and so well seasoned.

We both had "The Big Pole" with chilli and fried onions ... The bread roll that the sausage came in was soft and wonderful, the sausage itself was amazing ... Tasty, meaty perfection. Also had the chips and the onion rings both of which were amazing!

Also have to mention the Blue Moon beer! Please try this if you go there... It's amazing so happy I tried it ... So I will be going back for sure very good value for money as well

Bickley, United Kingdom
“Great Chilli Dogs, Best in London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

By a country mile, the hot dogs are amazing and chilli so flavoursome its like being in the US

Service was quick and friendly, lovely ambience in the Pub, thoroughly recommend this!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
“Best burgers and hot dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We popped in here during a shopping trip in Waterloo, and we're glad we did. It's a small establishment, very friendly, full of boxing memorabilia and showing classic fights on their television. We shared a burger and a hot dog, accompanied by chips, onion rings and coleslaw. It was all delicious except for me personally I didn't like the coleslaw (it was homemade to be fair, just not homemade how I like it). Their burger was almost as good as Lucky 7's.

• Visited October 2013