“Food excellent, some waiters exceptionally nice but others completely rude” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Maroush I

Maroush I
21 Edgware Road, London, England
020 7723 0773
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maroush I is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,906 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The original Maroush restaurant, opened by Marouf Abouzaki more than 20 years ago, this Edgware Road staple is even more popular today than it was back then.A lively, two-floor restaurant capable of seating more than 150 guests at a time, Maroush Edgware Road features a casual sit-down area on the main floor, and a larger dining room in the basement. Popular with families earlier in the evening, the crowd changes over to a younger set as the night wears on.One of the two Maroush outlets featuring live Lebanese music and belly dancing in the evenings, the atmosphere at Maroush Edgware Road is upbeat and energetic through to closing time at 2am.Open noon to 2am, 7 days a week.Live music & belly dancing every night from 9:30pm to closing.
Dublin, Ireland
“Food excellent, some waiters exceptionally nice but others completely rude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Visited the restaurant a second time purely on account of the quality of the food. Again, that didn't disappoint. The male waiter who served us tonight was very friendly and attentive but the female waiter was frosty to the point of rude. What really ruined it (and made us practically flee before desert) was the volume of the music. The singer/music and belly dancers were great and we were looking forward to the entertainment but it was just simply way too loud. We had to shout at each other and then simply gave up on conversation. It practically hurt our ears and there was no way we could even communicate with the waiters with that level of volume. Also, service is slow but this seems to be because there are too few indians and too many chiefs. There seemed to be 2-3 'manager types' standing around looking important and giving the very few waiters who were running their buts off just grief rather than actually chipping in and helping them. Would have really liked to give a tip to our nice waiter but given overall disappointment didn't want to leave one in the end after all...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and delicious food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

It is not a cheap place but the food was worth it!! The best lamb and chicken I have ever had!! I definitively recommend it!!We paid 40 for 2 main courses with rice and bread! Simply delicious !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Superb Lebanese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have had the pleasure of eating at Maroush on two occasions and found the food to be excellent. On the last occasion, the service was particularly good.

Looking for the best Shawarma you will ever eat? This is the place.

Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited here with my girlfriend having heard a lot about this place. I was surprised at how nice the waiters were even though the restaurant was very busy. The food was served in a timely manner and tasted amazing. Lovely place to eat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great Lebanese food, but watch out music loudness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Maroush has been one of my recurrent restaurants so far in London because I just love good Lebanese food. Service is great, food as well, belly dance is a nice plus, but lately I found music so loud I couldn't have a conversation with my mate/s. also a pity you can't take away the food you don't eat, since you have paid it I think they should allow you to take away.

• Visited July 2013