“SHAME ABOUT THE SHOWER:(” 3 of 5 stars

You added BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 - 76 Hendon Way | Hendon, London NW2 2NL, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #492 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
“SHAME ABOUT THE SHOWER:(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a deal last Saturday 20th April.

Room was of a good standard & spotlessly clean. The stay was spoiled for me by a fault with the boiler which meant that there was no hot water for my shower with on the Sunday morning. We were meeting family members for a celebration lunch and I didn't wish to appear as one of the "great unwashed"...the receptionists did not seem overly bothered by my dilemma.

At my age I thought I was passed the stage in life of boiling kettles to have a wash but that was exactly what I had to do. Would not be in a hurry to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Sue

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02084555220.

Yours sincerely,
BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Hungarian first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the station but was worth it when I arrived, check in was excellent, Rose was very efficient, and gave great service, with a really pleasant and happy manner!
My only observeation is that the restaurant would be more inviting if background music was playing, it felt more like a cafe than a restaurant!! and there is no bar as such, reception get drinks for you, which isn't quite the same! The bedroom was spacious and comfortable. Would I recommend it? Yes :)

Room Tip: Room 221 was great!! I recommend that you ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as the road in fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Patrick
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
You will be pleased to know that we are due to open our lounge bar by the 1st June. We also currently working on our new wine and spirit selection.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Louth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week as I couldn't get any closer to the city due to a funeral happening. It was cheap very cheap for London infact. The rooms were spacious clean and brand new beds were comfortable and staff were great. I did miss there bring NO bar but you can buy a beer from reception and drink in the spacious lobby with TV.

I have read a recent review about there being no food within walking distance well you would think in the world of the Internet people would look at a map. A pleasant 10-15 minute walk away and you are at the vibrant cricklewood with a ton of amazing restaurants and bars so all you have to do is explore!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your kind review.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stockport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

A group of us arrived late afternoon and one of our pary we for a shower, which would not get warm, the picture in the room guide was of a different type - so no help there!
Next morning cold showers were all that was possible. At breakfast no hot food arrived and no explanation was given.
A very disappointing stay also I had to pay a deposit of £30 pound even though I had already paid the full cost of the room.
I will not be returning again

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paul
Please accept our sincerely apologies for the disappointment you experienced while staying with us. Regretfully, we had a major maintenance issue with water supply and have done our best to fix this issue promptly.
It is our hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you.
Please contact the hotel directly on 0208 455 5220 and ask to speak to Anna and I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

So where do I start? When we arrived we where a little concerned as there seemed to be no one else around, the lobby was empty and cpuld not see a bar area. we whete greeted by 2 friendly reception staff who quickly informed us the restaurant was closed on a Fr, Sat & Sun night, so we asked where around could we go to eat? Well problem is there is no where within walking distance. None of this was mentioned when we booked. All on offer was 3 takeaway menus.....

So we went to the rooms we had booked and on getting out the lift we where presented with very dirty but new looking carpets so 1st impressions where oh my god the place looks closed down! All corridors are dark having no lighting until you actually walk down them which makes you feel very uneasy, it's Eco friendly yes but all lighting is led so a bit over kill with the sensors.

We had asked for adjoining family rooms when booking and that was confirmed, all they had was 2 rooms side by side no adjoining rooms!

Rooms themselves are very comfortable and modern although in need of maintenance, a shelf in the bathroom was on a slant and the toiletries fell on to the toilet when we walked in, our shower did not drain so over flowed and also was nearly impossible to change the temperature, and the other room most of the sockets did not work and one had burn marks around it showing it has an electrical fault, the fuse box had blue tak on it to keep the cover closed but does not work and this shows signs of a known problem.

On a good note breakfast was good would have been excellent if they had fried eggs but saying that the scrambled eggs where perfect (most hotels they shocking)

To get there from Oxford street get bus 113 don't use underground like we did takes far too long and a 20 min walk at the end.

Overall it's average but managed correctly with attention to detail it could be excellent, there is plans they said to put a bar in the lobby area when this is done it will be a very good addition as the area is very comfortable and modern.

I would not rule out staying there again but would look at alternatives first.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel. Your comments have been passed on to the operations team for further action and training.
You will be pleased to know that our new lounge bar will open on the 1st June and we are glad you like the location of the hotel as it takes approx. 30 minutes to get to central London on bus.
We really hope you will come back to stay in our newly refurbished bedrooms and please contact me directly on 0208 455 5220 to receive a free room upgrade next time you stay with us.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Two night KGB deal, excellent value. Massive breakfast and very good selection of evening meals, the food was extremely good quality & excellent value. Choice of wine was poor, white, red or rose and selection of other alcoholic drinks were limited however, what they had fitted our needs and we could get drinks whilst the reception was manned.
Access to London is easy, 113 bus Hendon Way to Marble Arch or walk to Golders Green for Northern Line tube or you can catch the 245, 260 or 460 on Cricklewood Lane to Golders Green. £8 day travel card gives you travel across zones 1-4 on the tube, free bus journeys and discounts to venues. Ask reception for London map it has 20% off certain restaurants and 20% off entrance to certain venues.
Our room was on 2nd flr at front of hotel, rather noisy at night due to Hendon Way, ask for room at rear if you're a light sleeper, Its was difficult going to the loo, you cannot stand due to slope of the roof. The electrics failed in our room however, they had their maintenance man on the job in less than 10 mins. The architrave round one of the stairwell doors collapsed as we went through the door, no problem though, help was on hand within 5 mins. Every hotel has problems but it is how they respond to those problems that is vital and this hotel could not have responded better.
Edsel the restaurant manager was excellent, very pleasant, efficient, knew his job & the menu & nothing was too much trouble, we could not have asked for more.
I had a problem with my tablet computer and Rose was an absolute star she lent me her tablet so that I could log onto my emails - Rose you are 5 star.
No, I am not employed by the hotel, I just had a great holiday in a very good hotel and lots of fun in London.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
palmlondon, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. It is always a pleasure to read that the service provided by our front of house team made your stay enjoyable.
You will be pleased to know that our new lounge bar will open on the 1st June. We are also currently working on our new wine and spirits selection.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will see you soon, on your next trip to London.

Larnaka, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a business trip to London we had to travel across London and the surrounding area easy access to the hotel's own parking lot. 15 minutes to the Centre by bus.
the hotel and rooms are clean. the price is moderate, but no bar in the hotel, or next

• Stayed February 2013
Dear George
Thank you for your review. I was happy to see that once again you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will see you soon again.

BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!