“Superb staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beauchamp

You added The Beauchamp to your Saves list
The Beauchamp
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24-27 Bedford Place, London WC1B 5JH, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #309 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Manchester
“Superb staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I stayed here 16/10/10 on a visit to London. The trip was a suprise for my partner and I had to contact the hotel the day before check in to make a few arrangments. The staff were extremely helpful in fulfilling my requests. Upon check in we were given an upgrade, this really made our stay. The staff are very friendly and are happy to help at all times. The rooms are decorated nicely and the beds are comfy. We stayed in a room facing the street and slept soundly. Continental breakfast is more than a enough with lots of choice, staff are yet again friendly and helpful. All in all a perfect retreat after a hard days sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at The Beauchamp for 5 nights. They were very accomodating by giving us a room when we arrived early, but the room was in the basement and directly UNDER the front desk. So we awakened EARLY in the morning to the clomping of feet above us. A move to another room was the ticket. The place is really lovely. HOWEVER... on our next-to-the-last night there, the door to the room next door slammed again and again. I finally opened the door at 7AM to find a hotel employee with a vaccum... cleaning the room for a business meeting at 9AM. They apparently had to move the beds out of the room, hence the slamming doors. It is just awful to find a hotel that puts profit WAY above the comfort of their guests. I complained to the hotel manager to no avail. There were no apologies. Only an offer to move us to another room for our final night,. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. Please, do yourself a favor and stay far, far away.

• Stayed September 2010
West Sussex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The hotel’s location is excellent - in a quiet street close to the British Museum, but only a 15-20 minute walk to the bright lights and the shops. (The bus from the stop opposite the hotel will take you the length of Oxford Street.)

We paid for an Executive Double and got a large room with two king size beds and a good bathroom, overlooking the quiet gardens at the back of the hotel. A wander around showed that there were quite a few rooms at basement level, so it would be a good idea to check room location when booking. The room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated in a modern style. There was also tea/coffee and a kettle and a couple of comfortable armchairs. A complimentary newspaper (The Independent) was included.

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.

Continental breakfast was included in our rate and was quite nice, but not worth the £17 charge if you are staying room only (£23 for a cooked breakfast). There were plenty of places close by, however, where breakfast could be found at reasonable rates.

We found the Sir John Soane museum nearby to be well worth a visit. About 10 minutes walk away it is full of interesting curiosities and entrance is free. The staff would be able to give directions.

Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay again..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

The location could not be better, near 3 tube stops and right around the corner from the British Museum. The hotel has clearly been recently remodeled, very nice new and modern. My room had a double bed, which was great, but it was a tight squeeze between the bed and the wall to walk to the other side of the room. That didn't bother me, though. Bed was very comfy and loved the flat screen tv. The bathroom was very spacious and had a tub! I got a great deal for this hotel, which made it even better. My room faced the street, which had some car noise. That doesn't bother me at all but if you need absolute silence I would request a room with a garden view. Breakfast was your standard continental fare which I'm always keeps me happy. Staff was friendly and helpful when I needed it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I had such great expectations for my first night in London, but was disappointed at the location of our room. We were told we were given an upgrade - well the upgrade was to a below floor room. Not sure where we were supposed to stay as you can't get any lower than this!! There was a bright light outside our window which shone all night into the room - couldn't block it out with curtains. We were conveniently located and the staff helpful, but other than that would not go back to this hotel. We could not turn off the fan in the bathroom and the bathroom door wouldn't close, so we had to wedge a pice of paper in the door to close it. The inroom service brochure was stained with water and we couldn't read the menu and asked for a fresh one, but this did not appear, so in all would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I usually try to avoid smaller hotels but I may have to rethink that strategy. Even after two weary months on the road I had a delightful stay at the Beauchamp.

There are many hotels on Bedford Place, all seemingly built into apartment buildings. It seemed that I was actually walking between two or three buildings to get to my room, which was tucked away in an upper corner. The many doors and corridors meant that my section was only shared by one other room, making it one of the quietest stays I've had.

This area is remarkably quiet considering how convenient it was to central London. I was able to walk to almost all of my meetings. The only exception to this was the shouts and laughter from a group of revelers who seemed to come back around midnight every night to the building across the street.

I couldn't help but notice how overstaffed the hotel seemed to be. There were usually three people posted to the small reception and bar area, where one would certainly suffice. Anyway, they were all very friendly and helpful.

The biggest problem with this hotel is its absurd internet and phone charges. My rate included internet access, thankfully!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We were informed on arrival on the Fri night that there was an issue with our room.
They put us in the Hotel next door for one night and we spent Sat / Sun in the Beauchamp.
They looked after us really well and I would not hesitate to go back.
The Hotel is very well placed for visiting London

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beauchamp? Share your experiences!