“Pleasant hotel in convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beauchamp

You added The Beauchamp to your Saves list
The Beauchamp
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24-27 Bedford Place, London WC1B 5JH, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #315 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Perth, United Kingdom
“Pleasant hotel in convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

This was my second stay here, both times only for one night stopover before catching the Eurostar. Good location, within walking distance of Kings Cross/St Pancras (1/2 hour with backpack). Room was clean and modern if a bit on the small side. Felt it was fine for one night but maybe a bit too small for a longer stay. I also found the bed rather small and I am only 5'4". Continental breakfast was included in the price (£69) and service was good. I had to pay on check-in but didn't have a problem with this. Receptionist also asked if she could charge £50 to my credit card incase I wanted to charge anything to my room. I said no thanks, would pay cash on check-out. I will certainly stay here again next time I am passing through.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We booked the hotel through Laterooms and were looking forward to the stay having read the reviews. Sadly on arrival we were told that "due to a maintenance issue" we would have to be relocated to the nearby sister hotel, Grange White Hall Hotel which frankly was dated and tired. Annoyingly another couple that arrived at the Beauchamp almost at the same time as us were offered a room straightaway which leads me to believe that this only happens when rooms are bought at discounted rates. As we finally were offered a room at the sister hotel that we were had to accept given it was getting late and we were missing our eveing in London, we noticed other people were being sent from The Beauchamp with similar problems. Frankly I dont believe there was a maintenance issue but more likely that they could fill rooms at a greater rate. we were not happy as I had read Tripadvisor reviews and was happy but obviously knew nothing about the replacement hotel offered!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
newport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We stayed here for two nights over the weekend and it was just perfect! The check in was smooth and we had a free upgrade to a room overlooking the gardens (room 307).

The room itself was a little small, but had everything you could need. Huge comfy bed, lots or wardrobe space, a safe, tea and coffee, a great bathroom with a bath and shower, widescreen LCD TV with loads of channels and lots more besides.We had a complimentary continental breakfast on the first day, which was OK. I wouldn't have paid the £16 charge for it, put it that way! One other hing is that the breakfast room was quite small and a bit stuffy. I felt we couldn't talk too loud as it was so small and quiet in there!

The hotel is on the same road as many of the other hotels in The Grange group (The Clarendon, The Buckingham....) and is in such a superb location. I'd say that for the price, it was the best location we've ever had in a London hotel.. Minutes from lots of shops, bars and restaurants and about a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube stations.

Just an idea - When you do check in, it would be advisable to ask for a room with a garden view as some face the street and some are even in the basement. I don't think these would be nearly as pleasant.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Checked in quite late in the evening and my business had booked a superior room(this is the hotels lowest category) - the room was small, in fact very compact indeed. I was impressed by the smal plasma TV screen and the room was welcoming and very comfortable. I ordered room service for dinner and this arrived quickly though was pretty poor - the staff did not speak English well and after finishing I placed my tray outside the door where it remained until the next morning.

Breakfast also in the room was good and well presented - though I had no cup/mug for my coffeee but not a major issue as just used the one in the room. The views onto the gardens at the back of the hotel was a luxury in London - slept well as the hotel is in a quiet location - most hotels in London suffer from the traffic noise and it was refreshing this one didn't,.

On checking out the Manager was present making sure all was in order and asked about your stay - she seemed to really care all went well. I stayed on a quiet night I think, the restaurant and bar were empty and it was very quiet indeed throughout. The rooms were great, just a bit small for me though I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I booked a room online through their website, finding the location perfect, for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend. I arrived and was given a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite. the room was secluded and had a gorgeous garden view. The service was friendly and on time.
Before booking the hotel, i read all the reviews on this website and others and that is why i decided to write one too, and say that it was a wonderful experience and i would recommend it to others.

The area is by the british museum, the russel square park, waitrose and the renoir cinema- which shows movies that I like, not the usual commercial choice. covent garden and leicester square are in walking distance. I even popped down to oxford street for some shopping.

I would highly recommend this hotel, I have stayed in many hotels in london, from the hilton on park lane- which is wonderful but pricey, to the small and not so pleasant hotels in paddington and decided that the beauchamp is the perfect hotel. intimate, friendly, with great decor.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I booked this Hotel well in advance through their own website and got what I considered was a very reasonable price for this location.

On arrival we were upgraded to an Executive room. This made the deal even better value. It was a spacious room with all the amenities you could wish for. The bed was huge and everything was very clean.

We had continental breakfast included in our room rate and this provided a good choice of food and all of good quality. We also had coffee in the bar on one evening and this was very nicely served with biscuits.

The staff were all very pleasant and efficient. To me this must mean that Grange Hotels must treat their staff well.

I would not hesitate to return to this Hotel and would recommend this small chain of Hotels to anyone visiting London

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

We stayed in the Beauchamp over Easter and found out that we had been upgraded to executive rooms which were very clean and tidy. The service was excellent even the dining area staff were very pleasant.
The only thing i would say is not to stay in room 012 which is below the reception area because of the tiled reception you can hear the trolleys on the suitcases being wheeled across which can get quite annoying.
Parking is a bit of a problem as it can be quite expensive outside the hotel and the wardens are very keen.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Beauchamp? Share your experiences!