“Everything is right.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sam's Brasserie & Bar

Sam's Brasserie & Bar
Barley Mow Centre | 11 Barley Mow Passage, London W4 4PH, England (Chiswick)
+44 20 8987 0555
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's Brasserie & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,110 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chiswick
Telford, United Kingdom
“Everything is right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was a very very enjoyable meal, we had the pork ribeye with borlotti beans as recommended on some TA reports, very tasty and well presented. (I now need to locate pork ribeye at the butchers).
Very communicative and helpful staff. We had a 6:30 booking and were told on sitting that the table was booked again for 9:00pm, this was great knowing so we could keep an eye on the clock whilst not rushing and not once did we feel rushed by the staff. (So many times you go places and feel the staff are trying to rush you and clear the table and it puts a dampener on the meal- but knowing beforehand certainly creates a more relaxed understanding, and so I found this little snippet a nice touch.)
Great vibe and atmosphere.
Definately we will be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Never falls short.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love Sam's. Breakfast, lunch or dinner the staff are always so accommodating and deliver smooth unobtrusive service. You never want for anything. The food is always great and the breakfast has no equal in Chiswick. Keep up the good work.

London
“Hidden Behind the Barley Mow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Firstly my perennial complaint about Trip Advisor and its designation of family as two adults and two small children. Some of us still go out with our adult children. I have not been in Sam's Brasserie since its renovation two or three years ago. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. Considering it is a conversion out of part of an old light industrial site its ambience is remarkably good. The service was faultless and attentive and all of us were pleased with our food be it steak, ribs or in my case for once the vegetarian option (though I must admit to receiving titbits from other plates). Puddings were delicious and my pecan pie was one of the best I have had beating my chef sister's hands down. We shall certainly return possibly on one of the evenings when they are playing jazz.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Superb lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My friend and I went for lunch here on Friday and both ordered the pork rib-eye. It was absolutely delicious, one of those meals where every mouthful is a joy!! The waiter and waitress were excellent and I would recommend you go and try this dish before the menu changes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Nice evening out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went with work colleagues for our Christmas Dinner and had a very enjoyable evening/meal. There was a nice atmosphere and the food was generally enjoyable but unfortunately I do have to make a couple of negative comments - I had Kedgeree, which didn't look anything like a kedgeree although it did sort of taste right and the smoked haddock was virtually non existent. (in the photo it is hidden under the greenery). The venison was very nice but the potato fondant was under cooked and hard for desert I had chocolate fondant and that was very nice.
The service was good with friendly staff

• Visited December 2013