“Nice Italian restaurant in Chelsea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria dell'Arancio

Osteria dell'Arancio
383 King's Road, London SW10 0LP, England (Chelsea)
+44 (0)20 7349 8111
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: milmans street
Transit: Tube: Sloane Square Buses: King's Road
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Italian restaurant in Chelsea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I dined here with my mother last week. I am not a fan of Italian food (yeah, I know, that's weird b/c everybody loves it, right?) while it is my mother's favourite cuisine. She was visiting from out of town so I thought this restaurant would be a treat - and it was.

A 20 minute walk from Sloane Square tube station, Osteria dell'Arancio is a charming Italian restaurant on the corner bend of King's Road. I would definitely recommend making dinner reservations because nearly every single table on Thursday evening had been booked.

You know how they say that you're in a good restaurant if the patrons are from the country the restaurant's cuisine is? Nearly every single table was speaking in Italian - which must mean this restaurant serves authentic style Italian - unlike some chains that will remain nameless.

I ordered the carpaccio as a starter and the appetizer sized tagliolini con gamberi, porri e peperoncino while my mother had the larger portion of carbonara. We both had two glasses of wine and overall the price was not ridiculously crazy, as some people here have written. I thought the prices were reasonable (this IS Chelsea, after all), the food was delicious and flavorful and the atmosphere was jovial - not at all stuffy.

As I said earlier, I definitely don't eat Italian food on a regular basis (maybe once a year?) but am thinking about returning with my husband later this month.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not a good example of Italian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Went for a celebration event on arrival only two staff to give out drinks take coats etc for 35 people very chaotic as there is not a lot of room upstairs The food arrived antipasto of focaccia and bruschetta ? Both bread based? Then we chose various options mine was curiosly zucchini friti with calamari which was cold! Then Rissotto with seafood .... 3 prawns. Claggy dry and cold!! inedible!!! Someone else had straccetti beef also very cold!!!no vegetables were offered we had to ask!! Please do not think this is Italien cooking IT IS NOT!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A good restaurant with prices for a luxury resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Went with some friends for a dinner. We were supposed to be 25 and turned out to be 15.
At arrival a very kind waiter offered us a glass of wine, which we would only discover at the end was priced 80 pounds per bottle. This was the first trick the played on us in the evening. It is quite dishonest to offer a glass of wine without even allowing to see the price list.

As soon as we sit, the owner arrived complaining we were not enough and that he prepared the appetisers for more and therefore we would have to pay also for the people that in the end did not come.

We try to ask him kindly to leave us alone and let us enjoy the dinner.

After that, only 1 main course which was ok but nothing special, and 1 dessert which was tiramisu. The dessert was tasty but incredibly heavy, as I would discover later in the night where I was not able to sleep (it never happens to me, I usually can eat anything and sleep as a baby).

Well, final charge 60 pounds each, which for a mediocre meal, bad service and a sleepless night... I guess you can imagine how we felt. We promised ourselves we would never come back or reccomend this place to any of our friends.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Very good King's Road Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went with party of eight and had round table upstairs which worked well. Interior is bright but with character and we had excellent food and service. The wine list is extensive but expensive. Not much below £30 which is a bit steep. Certainly a step up compared to nearby restaurants and one to recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Delicious! And what a wine cellar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A top-end italian restaurant in Chelsea! Definitely worth a visit!! Food is delicious, staff is really customer focused. Impressive the selection of wines you will find in this restaurant! They also have some tables outside for al fresco dining!

• Visited November 2011