“Great atmosphere and good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FishWorks - Marylebone

FishWorks - Marylebone
89 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 4QW, England (Marylebone)
+44 20 7935 9796
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
FishWorks - Marylebone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,303 of 18,314 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: This charming branch of FishWorks in Marylebone is a bright, informal restaurant serving up immaculately prepared, simple fish dishes. The cheery blue and white interior makes for a relaxed eating environment, with customers bustling around the traditional fish counter and specials handwritten on the chalkboards. Seafood specials include fish pie and shellfish platters, with a fish-friendly wine list and a children's menu available.
Global
“Great atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015 NEW

I walked in on a Tuesday night and was lucky enough to get a table for one. Always busy and once you have eaten there you can see why. Service is excellent and the food very good. On this occasion I wanted the fish soup, but the server told me it would take 30 mins for which I did not have the time so I opted for the fish and chips - which given the great menu was on reflection a little bit of a wasted opportunity.
However the food was excellent and I cant fault it in anyway.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“First time but not the last time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I live in the area and have meant to try this spot for awhile. The specials were outstanding. I had some type of delicious sole (not Dover sole) and my dining companion had a the lobster. Cornish Rock oysters to start. It wasn't pricey for Marylebone but it isn't a "value" option. Definitely will be back in the near future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best fresh Fish Restaurants in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

An excellent restaurant situated behind the entrance fresh wet fish shop.
As our main course we ordered a whole Turbot, the waiter brought it to the table from the wet fish shop for us to see and ask how we would like it cooked.
When served in a hot pan, the waiter took the fish off the bone and served it to us.
The second serving was left on the hot dish on the table for us to serve ourselves when ready.
The Turbot was oven baked in herbs and a light garlic dressing, delicious.
For starters we had breaded scallops and prawn cocktail, both excellent.
A varied wine list gives no problem in finding a suitable wine to compliment your menu selection.
I should mention that there are other non fish options on the menu.
The service was attentive without being intrusive.
Fresh wine glasses were provided with each new bottle of wine served.
A pleasant atmosphere prevails to further enhance the dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Come here if you want to enjoy amazing fish! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

I've been in this restaurant tonight for.my girlfriend's birthday as we had been there before. Our expectations have been fully satisfied again! The service is simply amazing and the staff knows how to be professional and friendly at once. The manager especially has been impeccable! But most of all, the food is incredible! Fresh fish, perfectly cooked and gorgeously served..simply excellent quality!

“Fishworks- yes, seashell of Lisson Grove- no!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015 via mobile

We found this restaurant after a very negative booking experience at Seashell of Lisson Grove. I invited my very valued friends for a lunch at the Seashell but they forgot about my booking and did not let me in because of staff training. So we went madly looking out for a good fish restaurant. I was very embarrassed indeed in front of my friends because they thought it was my fault.( hey things happen! Seashell just has got a bad manager)
Fishworks is located on Marylebone High Street. You go through the door and it looks like you visit a fish shop but as soon as you get there, you find yourself in a very fine restaurant. It is very English style, nice smart, informal. At the same time, you realise food quality is superb. Fish is freshly cooked it reminds me of dining in Portugal where the know how to enjoy good fish. Staff are friendly and patient. No hurry take your time, make a good choice. My daughter had fishfingers ( they were home made!). I had a genious sea brill.My guests were impressed with their food too. It was not cheap- over 170 pounds for 5 persons with one bottle of wine. But it was well spent. I will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere