“Very nice food with a great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Terrace Restaurant Lounge and Bar

Park Terrace Restaurant Lounge and Bar
2-24 Kensington High Street | Royal Garden Hotel, London W8 4PT, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
+44 (0)20 7937 8000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Terrace Restaurant Lounge and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 17,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: English, Contemporary, British, Bar
Good for: Doing business, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
Transit: Underground: Piccadilly
Description: Overlooking Kensington Gardens, the stylish Park Terrace Lounge at the Royal Garden Hotel serves a quintessentially English Afternoon Tea in relaxed and informal surroundings.Enjoy the Kensington Tea with freshly made finger sandwiches, raisin and cinnamon scones, delicate cakes and fine leaf tea from £22 per person. Or for those wanting to add a touch of sparkle, try the Royal Tea with a glass of champagne from £32 per person. Created by Executive Head Chef Steve Munkley, discreet, friendly service adds to a dining experience with all the frills but none of the fuss, making this is the perfect setting to unwind after a day spent shopping or for a special treat. The resident pianist adds further enjoyment with live music played Tuesday to Sunday. Afternoon Tea is served everyday between 2.00pm and 5.30pm at Park Terrace Lounge. Awarded the prestigious ‘Awards of Excellence’ by The Tea Guild in 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice food with a great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall a very good experience. The bar made me a really good Mai Tai cocktail, which they served with some olives and nuts. They also served very nice bread before the starter. The starter/main/dessert were all very nice. I can certainly recommend the lamb. I had a voucher, but it would still be good value for money even without.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Ok but not special!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Firstly we did dine lateish @2.30pm Sunday when staff complement was noticeably lower than on Saturday! No Head Barman but good cocktail made with care by young lady Barman! I thought choice for Sunday lunch was a bit limited especially for me as a nuisance lactose intolerant! There was really only one starter for me but it was a delicious spicy Gazpacho, perfect on a hot weekend! I asked for my Roast beef mains to be rare but told only medium available at that time?! It was awesome beef but would have been better if how I like it!! Vegetables uninspiring - served on dinner plate to share but a bit undercooked, naked and under seasoned and Roasties were soggy! Out of choice of 5 desserts I was told nothing was suitable for me as all had cream and I was offered fruit salad/platter or sorbet needless to say I passed on dessert so hubby did as well! Staff were friendly but a little thin on ground and all in all disappointed not up to reviews I read on here!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hornchurch, England, United Kingdom
“pre-theatre supper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed a absolutely lovely meal this week before we went to a show at the Royal Albert Hall. Food was delicious service was great and excellent value for money. We will definately be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Swansea, Wales
“Delicious food,well presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant for our wedding anniversary after looking for somewhere special on Trip Advisor. We probably wouldn't have gone there on impulse as it is situated inside a large hotel so cannot be seen easily from the outside.
The meal was superb - the highlight being the beautiful soft bread served before the starters. We liked the focaccia so much we asked for more! I had the Charlotte of Ragstone followed by the haddock which was delicious especially the tasty pea ravioli. My husband went for the equally tasty beef fillet followed by the belly pork. The desserts were to die for although we had to have a short break as we were so full! My husband had the Royal Garden trio and I had the White Chocolate marquis.
The service was great - very helpful staff, beautifully turned out. At the end we were served a plate of delightful petit fours which we did not have room for so asked to take them home. Imagine our delight when they brought another plate for us to take home too - with Happy Anniversary piped on the largest biscuit.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant although it was rather quiet and slightly lacking in atmosphere which didn't bother us as we were there for a romantic meal for two.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Annapolis, Maryland
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

To put it simply, one of the best meals we've eaten anywhere, and that includes The Inn at Little Washington, Blue Hill - Farm and NYC, Thomas Keller's Bouchon...each item prepared with thought, appeal and an eye toward presentation, and the taste exceeded all of the expectations those created. Thanks so much for a wonderful dinner.

Visited June 2013