“Great Night Out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Market Place

Market Place
125 Sydney Street, London SW3 6NR, England (Chelsea)
+44 (0)20 7352 5600
Improve this listing
Ranked #13,460 of 17,929 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
“Great Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Fab night out recommended by a friend. Manager on the night Craig was brilliant. Will visit again n recommend this place as a night out to friends.. Have not tried the food but the party was fabulous :-)

“Service was shocking! Very rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Went in after work for a quick drink & was greeted by a lovely young lady. Unfortunately she was replaced by a rude and arrogant blonde lady who seemed like she was in charge. She forgot our order, was rude when we reminded her & mouthed obsenities about us to her colleagues. She then over charged us by 2 bottles of wine! Appalling!!!! Won't return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Who are they”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Found the waiter very superior in attitude.
The food was very rustic and rushed but ok.
Wines a bit pricy for what they were
Great looking space though.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place ruined by incompetent staff..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I went for a few catchup drinks with two friends.. I have been to the market Place before and it is a nice place, I haven't tried the food by the drinks are great.
Long story short (ish) I first ordered two cocktails, then my friends and I decided to share a bowl, I ask the bar tender if he had started making the cocktails and he said no. So I ordered the bowl and when it came to pay for it he tried to charge me for the bowl AND the cocktails although I had cancelled them and to my knowledge they hadn't even been made. He then told me he had actually made them and the cost of the cocktails would come out of his pay check if I didn't pay!!! After I told him I wouldn't pay since the drinks shouldn't have been made he said I could take the drinks free of charge.. Great!!
To my surprise he then came over saying I had to pay for the drinks! My friend ended up paying which I think was totally unfair. I then spoke to the manager some time after who informed me that I should have told her when it happened. I could accept that but to add insult to the fact that I actually spoke to the other guy at the bar regarding this, she then brought the guy who served me the drinks out to explain who then LIED about everything.. Plus he didn't even apologise!!
Staff training needs to be properly implemented in this place, and employees need to own up to mistakes they make instead of making honest customers pay for them!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sweden
“Excellent for drinks and food in Oxford Street area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The Market Place is a perfect place to eat or replenish your liquids when in the Oxford Street area. Cosy atmosphere, excellent food and friendly service. Don´t tell anyone else!

Visited January 2012