“Lovely joint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,415 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Founded in 1966 and hidden in a quiet mews off Queensway, we offer fantastic authentic Greek food with a warm welcome and friendly service. Over the years we have had many famous people regularly dine here including the Beatles, Peter Sellers and his friends, racing drivers Graham and Damon Hill, also many actors and actresses, such as Telly Savalas (Kojak), Faye Dunaway, Irene Pappas, Mick Jagger and many other well-known names of the 60’s, 70’s and the present day. But it is not just the stars; many people have always loved dining here: members of the local, international and Greek Bayswater communities, as well as students and tourists who visit London. They all like the friendly and informal atmosphere and the healthy Greek food. We invite you to join us and carry on the glorious tradition of Kalamaras.
Hertfordshire
“Lovely joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great dessert, very authentic Greek food I believe. The taramasalata was genius, good service and great main course, not too pricey. No real bad points but I didn't want to go there and my gf did so if I give 5 stars it is like admitting she was right, sorry!

• Visited July 2013

83% Recommend
  • Greek first
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

on Saturday 31 of august I visited kalamaras. once again i was fascinated by the way this little corner of london gives the sense you are in greece. lovely service and friendly atmosphere. I will definitely keep going there.

London, United Kingdom
“Real taste of Greek Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

A hidden treasure with friendly staff and great samples of Greek cousine. Good atmosphere and I really suggest Greek and Mediterranean food lovers.

“Good beer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Please don`t eat here. Just drink.
I would not let my dog eat here.
The food we ordered was not fresh, and we get sick about six ours later.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Superb Greek Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I visited on a Thursday evening whilst on a trip to London. This was real Greek food, superb quality and very friendly service. We chose a bottle of red wine based on the description in the wine list (Entechnos) and it complemented our meals superbly. We would have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant and have already planned to go back when we are in London again at the start of October.