“Never disappoints” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Herb & Spice Indian

Herb & Spice Indian
11a Whites Row, London E1 7NF, England (East End / East London)
+44 20 7247 4050
Improve this listing
Ranked #740 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Description: Over the last 17 years Herb & Spice Indian Restaurant is contributing and providing delicious traditional Indian food to everyone in the country. Even in today's challenging business environment, Herb & Spice Indian Restaurant is still playing the greatest role in the culinary curry industry. I wouldn’t say we are the best but I can pronounce that we are one of the best in the market. The facilities we provide to our customers are the following • Fully air conditioned • Fully licensed• Private banqueting room (up to 70 people)• Private party venue (up to 70 people)• Delivery and takeaway service (up to 3 miles)• Disability access• Child friendly restaurantWe respect our customer as a human being, and truly honour their rights to be treated fairly and honestly; this makes everything else much easier. I believe, it’s not me who pays the wages. I only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages. Customer service is just a day in, day out ongoing, never ending and compassionate type of activity. As the owner I believe there is only one boss in my restaurant and that is the customer. My customers have the right to fire every one by spending their money somewhere else. I would say I don’t believe in excellence but only in constant improvement and change.
London
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Easily the best traditional curry house I have been to in London. The host is always friendly and personable. The food is always served in big portions and is delicious. There really is nothing to fault in this restarant. OK, maybe the toilets are a bit on the small side, but it isn't the largest space to start with so it's understandable.

Everyone believes they know the best Indian restaurant in a certain area, but everytime I follow a recommendation from a friend or colleague for a place in or around the square mile, that place always falls short in comparison. Everytime I have recommended this place to someone else, they have thanked me.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Fresh food, just saw it being brought in!

"Standard" Indian food is great, but ask the guy to advice you on something different.
Very much worked for me!

Ate there twice now. Tasted for more.

Unfortunately a bit hidden, but worth the while to look for avoiding the pushy restaurants nearby. Friendly staff.

Ate for around £20.

Han from Holland

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1,022 reviews 1,022 reviews
“A surprising treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spotted this restaurant accidentally as we were parking our car and what a surprise. The staff were very warm and friendly we ordered very plain on purpose, Butter Chicken, Lamb Dupiaza and keema rice with stuffed vegetable all fantastic fresh deep flavours. The chef came out at the end and we thanked him for his excellent skills whole heartedly. Real Indian food not English Indian..... paratha

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Quality food carefully prepared with great ingredients.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

In London for 2 nights. Saw others in the well known and over rated Brick Lane but opted for Herbs & Spice a short 5 minutes away via Fashion Road. Well worth the walk. Greeted by Mukthar a generous host and story teller! A slow Tuesday at 7pm can be the wrong time to eat out, but H&S did not disappoint. Great food and great value too. Just 22 seats while refurbishing at present - finishing summer 2013 so may want to call ahead at weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Excellent curry and their chicken tikka - Excellent! Loved the local feeling of the restaurant without all the frills.- always full - enjoyed both my visit and certainly best value for what you eat!

• Visited January 2013