“What a difference!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruby Blue

Ruby Blue
1 Leicester Place | Leicester Square, London WC2H 7BP, England (Soho)
+44 (0)20 7287 8050
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruby Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,418 of 17,054 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Situated just off London's Leicester Square, Ruby Blue is a bar and restaurant where you'll find everyone from clubbers to theatre-goers or tourists to Londoners, soaking up that London atmosphere. When it comes to dining, Ruby Blue is deliciously on the case. Choose from an interestingly varied menu while you're entertained by a live pianist (Sat only). Tempting new dishes including the Chargrilled Lemon & Thyme Marinated Chicken & the new Sticky Chilli Lamb Rump served with sweet potatoes, yoghurt & coriander sauce. Finish with the indulgent Chocolate Fudge Brownie for a truly spectacular meal. Perfect for an intimate dinner for 2 or a fun party night. Sumptuous booths, a gorgeous restaurant and a luxurious lounge make Ruby Blue the ideal venue for a midweek hangout or weekend treat. Happy Hour at Ruby Blue: 17:00 - 20:00, all drinks, everyday!
“What a difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I came here last year for a friends birthday and she'd booked a table which included drinks and food. The service was pretty average, the food mediocre, at least that was my impression. Although the club after was pretty immense, I never wanted to go here again, it just wasn't stand out unfortunately. So when my colleague told me we were coming here for a leaving do I tried my best to convince my team otherwise. The tab was paid and the table booked - Grrrr...I thought! It seems I was truly wrong, the food was delicious, I had the chilli glazed lamb for my main and a chicken Caesar salad for starters. The salad was a salad, decent. The lamb, however, left me yearning for more - delicious!! And we got 50% off everything, even our drinks because its 1/2 price 5-8! So, I asked a waiter what had changed, he kept it simple - management. We stayed on for the club, and with so many rooms it wasn't even like we'd spent all evening in the same place, but that could be down to my alcohol intake. What a difference, they've certainly changed my opinion. We'll be back for sure. Recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
RubyBlueManagement, Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Many Thanks for you response there is still a lot of work to be done but I am over the moon the staff are finally starting to enjoy there work and most importantly service the customers in a way that they deserve.

London, United Kingdom
“Really Loved The Atmosphere & The Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came down here with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and the venue had a really nice buzz about it. We managed to get a cheap reservation and the food was lush; not to mention the good customer service. It was a nice evening, and I will certainly come back soon when I have the chance. Recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
RubyBlueManagement, General Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Fantastic feed back many Thanks for this I will make sure the staff get this as its been a very hard 3 weeks of re training the staff and its great to see that the hard work is paying off.

Yours Zolly.
“AMAZING!!! Everything you want in one place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Amazing time, went with my girlfriend as we had a £25 package in the club afterwards. The staff was amazing especially our French waiter who was really nice. The atmosphere was amazing because the pianist was playing and had singing away. I go out in central alot but Ruby Blue is very good value compared to alot of the places I've took my girlfriend. LOVED THE FACT YOU CAN EAT AND DANCE ALL IN ONE PLACE. 100% recommend to get a table cos the nightclub after our food was packed lol GREAT NIGHT

Many Thanks,

I am sure the staff will be blown away to see there hard work over the last 3 weeks is starting to work.

Many Thanks
Hayes, United Kingdom
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked this for our works night out and had plans on going on to a comedy club straight after.

It took over an hour for our food to arrive and even when it did, half the food was missing. I was ready for my main and my colleague was still waiting for his 'soup' starter.

The staff lied when saying "it was coming", only to find us waiting another 30 mins.

The food portions were small and tasted average. We were almost late to our comedy showing. Luckily we had reserved seats.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RubyBlueManagement, Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We have clearly had some operational issues with this booking and we would love the chance to make it up to you on us when you are next in London.

This is not the standard I expect from my staff.

London, United Kingdom
“Very very poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went here before the theatre, took 15mins to be greated on the door even though they were plenty of tables free and we were left standing there. Eventually took our order 20 mins in, didn't even ask about drinks. Took an hour for deserts to come after mains, and therefore we had to run to our show. No apology, and when emailed, they eventually apologised but didn't reply again. Would highly recommend people to avoid this restaurant!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I find very upsetting to read about your experience with us and please feel free to contact me when you are next in London as I would love the opportunity to make this up to you.

This is not the standard that we trade to.

Please except my sincere apologise.