“Lovely food !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Numero Uno
139 Northcote Road | Clapham, London SW11 6PX, England (Clapham / Battersea )
(020)-8985-8686
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Numero Uno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,467 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
“Lovely food !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Been here a few times, not the cheapest but well worth the money, food is lovely, service is good, they squeezed us in to a very busy evening, very accommodating !!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Authentic quality Italian food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in the Clapham / Battersea area. Delicious, authentic Italian food and warm attention service. We have been several times with our 2 young children, arriving for dinner at 6:30, and the staff always make a fuss over our girls and make us feel very welcome. Very reasonably priced also. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Disappointed Meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a very disappointing meal (pasta) which should have been great, but unfortunately we had been forgotten and after 20 mins had to ask for our main. Three minutes later it arrived, steaming and too hot to eat. We waited 5 mins but still very hot in the middle (as if it had been 'reheated' in the unconventional way). We waited a further 5 mins but only the top was edible and the middle/bottom was still steaming and too hot (not normal for a pasta dish having been cooked properly and delivered to the table). I had to leave it and will not be returning.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, local italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I came to Numero Uno (down Northcote Road) on a frantic last minute Friday evening with my girlfriend. Even though they were fully booked, they still made a fuss over us and made us feel special - we had a table brought out to us from the back. The food was delicious and traditional too - I even enjoyed pasta as a middle course - a serious treat! The ravioli with walnut sauce was top class. We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“Reluctantly awarding 4 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for 2 to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. We were able to pick our table and out of the 3 to choose from I picked the one next to the toilet door as the other two tables were so close together it would not have felt like an intimate dinner. We ordered to start the mozzarella in bread with a tomatoe sauce and asked if we could share it. The starter arrived 5 mins later and rather than just one plate they had very kindly separated the dish and put it on two plates. This starter is the best thing my husband and I have ever eaten. We did not speak whilst eating it as it was so good. For mains I had the pasta with bacon and ewe cheese in a Tom chilli sauce and my husband had tortellini with Parma ham in Gorgonzola sauce. I was surprised how quickly the mains came as it was literally 5 mins after they cleared the starters. Both dishes were amazing and the best pasta I have eaten. It felt like we were on the Mediterranean eating our pasta as it was so delicious. After they cleared the mains we were finally allowed a reprieve before the wonderful dessert trolley was wheeled around. I choose the last slice of lemon cheesecake and my husband choose profiteroles. The lemon cheesecake was like a zingy fluffy cloud to eat but I don't know what the profiteroles were like as my husband demolished them without offering me a taste! The bill then came with a limoncello shot on the house and for a starter main and dessert and a a bottle of Pinot Grigio the bill was £64 which I thought was very very good value.
My reluctant award of 4 stars overall and not 5 is because I agree with what others have said about them trying to cram in as many covers possible. It was not ideal to sit with my elbow in the way of the toilet door nor would I have wanted to sit with my elbow touching the person on the table next to me. Also it did feel very rushed with how quickly the food came. It would have been nicer if there had been more of a gap. Will definitely be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere