“Bellisimo” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Numero Uno
139 Northcote Road | Clapham, London SW11 6PX, England (Clapham / Battersea )
(020)-8985-8686
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Numero Uno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,608 of 16,877 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
“Bellisimo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My first visit to Numero Uno on Northcote Rd in over a year and my third ever. Chose the restaurant for a late Saturday night dinner (9:30 reservation) and it was perfect. Not a pizzeria, but a very wide selection of fish and meat dishes, pastas and risottos make up the menu

The mains were both worthy of five stars - the deep-fried scampi and mozzarella with a spicy tomato sauce and fresh vegetables, and the scampi and lemon risotto. Followed by a light and fluffy lemon cheescake, mmmmmm!

Not cheap for an Italian restaurant in London (£85 for two mains, one dessert, a bottle of wine, coffees, water and tip), but well worth every penny. Will definitely return and recommend again to friends and family

• Visited October 2012

80% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“THE Italian restaurant in Clapham... nothing comes close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Being Italian, when my two non-Italian friends suggested dinner in what they considered to be THE Italian in Clapham, I admit I was skeptical at best. What a surprise it was!
I walked in and was very kindly greeted by the all-Italian staff. I found a restaurant that has a quiet bustle to it, a buzzing yet relaxed atmosphere. I loved the details: the roses on the table, the white, crisp tablecloths, and the pop Italian songs that were playing in the background which I loved.
The menu was extensive and included some dishes I've never seen outside of Italy. There were several appetizers, pasta dishes which included homemade pasta, the fish selections were all made with fresh fish, and there were lots of meat dishes too.
My main in particular was delicious: linguini all'aragosta, with the lobster right on the plate. It took a bit of work to get all the lobster meat out, but it was worth every bite!
The wine was good, the espresso was up to scratch, and I was so happy with this restaurant that I know I'll come again. I've finally found that restaurant I can recommend to people when they ask me as an Italian if I know a genuine, truly good Italian restaurant!
They accept reservations through toptable too...

• Visited October 2012
LONDON
“Revviews say it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The three reviews below say it all. We went on Saturday night with two friends. It is simply a great Italian Restaurant. Food , service, price and most of all ambienece were tremendous.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“perfect local italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been going to Numero Uno for years and felt I should say how good they are on this site for anyone travelling into the area. It is a perfect local restaurant serving excellent food.
There is every type of Italian dish you could wish for from great pastas to the best steak in london seared and served with balsamic vinegar and rocket. So tender I could run down there now and order a take-away! They have a great variety of meat dishes and some gorgeous fresh fish on the menu as well. Not a pudding girl but friends tell me they are yummy too.
Everyone is cheerful and friendly and the restaurant is always buzzing but not too noisy as to be unbearable. Sit outside for the perfect al fresco summer lunch. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Conwy, United Kingdom
“lunch with family on our visit to London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice table near the opening to Northcote Road, which was laid perfectly with white tablecloth and napkins.There was a good choice of typical Italian food and a good selection of Italian and other wines. We chose the white , which was Sicilian and acceptable to go with the Linguine Arrogosto - lobster pasta, which two of us chose . The two others had wild boar pasta ( no wine ). All of us had lovely and most enjoyable meals.

• Visited August 2012