“Great little gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Crown Public House

The Old Crown Public House
33 New Oxford Street | Bloomsbury, London WC1A 1BH, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
+44 20 7836 9121
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7,630 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury / Holborn
Description: Blending the best of the British boozer with a dash of urban cool, The Old Crown is perfect for long lunches, post-shopping refuels and weekend blow-outs. Situated on London���s busy New Oxford Street, it���s a genuine one-off ��� designed and lived in by the innovative team who own and run it. The reclaimed chandeliers, hand-crafted wooden tables and metallic flock panelling add to the laid-back vibe but the menu clearly means business. It changes weekly to incorporate organic seasonal produce and includes dishes like rump steak with mushroom cream; sea bass with puy lentil dahl; and classic burgers and sandwiches. With the added bonus of a fully stocked bar and some of the friendliest staff in town, it���s hard not to fall for The Old Crown���s charms.
London, United Kingdom
“Great little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I came across this pub a few years back now and what can I say, I absolutely adore it! The ambiance is great and I extremely enjoy the burgers! My particular favourite is the 'Smoke a bone' burger - absolutely delicious. If you're looking for a venue where the staff go out of their way to accomodate you in central London, this is defintely the one!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Burger the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife & I stumbled across this fine public house after a wonderful day out in the west end.
Hungry and thirsty we ordered the best burgers we have ever eaten - honestly!
The beer was well kept and wines delicious.
Kind of hidden away from the bustle of the west end, this treat of new oxford street is a must visit!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Burger in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I love this pub! Great atmos, really cool, friendly service and the best food. Especially the burgers. Love taking people here. Don't know why it has bad reviews its brilliant. DC

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheltenham
“Great Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just across from our hotel - The Kingsley by Thistle. The pub has a lovely atmosphere, serves good beer and, as they claim, offers probably some of the best burgers in London

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“If i could give this place a minus rating I would”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Possibly one of the worst experiences I have ever had eating out. The menu was very limited for a Saturday lunch time. When I asked for no lettuce or tomato on my burger and my husband asked for his well done we were informed that 'the chef says the burgers come as they are on the menu'. When I politely told the waitress that we would just have a drink instead of eating she apologised but I then heard her loudly tell the bar manager what had happened. We then overheard the bar manager telling the chef off over a phone up to the kitchen saying things like "people are walking out because you won't be flexible" and seeing some staff politics being loudly played out. The waitress then returned as if we couldn't hear what had gone on and told me the chef had agreed to make my burger how I had asked. I then decided to eat there (I now wish I hadn't) and the food was mediocre at best and quite expensive for what we got. Very embarrassing experience and there is a reason all the surrounding restaurants were full and we easily got a table in this one.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
CatGraham, Public Relations Manager at The Old Crown Public House, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at The Old Crown. We take every review into consideration, thank you.