“Great Greek food and great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aphrodite Taverna

Aphrodite Taverna
15 Hereford Rd., London W2 4AB, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )
020-7229-2206
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,150 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great Greek food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Enjoyed an anniversary dinner in the Aphrodite Taverna last week and received excellent service in this lovely little restaurant. The food was certainly the best greek food I have ever eaten in the UK, if the portions were a bit large for me! We looked for a greek restaurant on a short visit to London, as it is our favourite food, and we were not disappointed.

Would be keen to recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes excellent greek food, with great friendly service

88% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Favourite restaurant in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I live within walking distance of this Greek restaurant, which is brilliant because it is definitely my favourite and most frequented in London. It's family run, always has a cosy, inviting atmosphere with friendly staff and delicious food. They remember people, which is always a good sign and provide a personal touch to the customer service.

I've taken pretty much my entire family here on different occasions and never been disappointed. Cannot rate it enough.

Final word - if you enjoy lamb, go for the kleftiko - it's to die for!

• Visited November 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Best restaurant experience in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I spent an evening at Aphrodite Taverna with my girlfriend and her morther, celebrating my girlfriends birthday. From the moment we arrived until we left the service was perfect. I had a chicken that was the best chicken so far in my life. Both my girlfriedn and her mother had kleftiko, wich tasted exactly like it does the best places in Greece. Finally the chef made us a cake as birthday present. It came with the birhday song performed by the restaurant choir, not as perfect as the food and the service, but a nice memory:))) For all this we only payed £85 + some tip... Thats very good value for the money!!! I will come back next time in London.

London
“Home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love Greek food and have been going to Aphrodite for close to 15 years. I have never been disappointed and have had many memorable nights there. The lamb souvla is heaven on a spit and the staff are very welcoming and friendly. I was very sad to hear of Rosana's premature passing away as she was a bundle of warmth, kindness and hospitality that inspired such loyalty amongst her customers who felt like old friends. She is sorely missed.

Pantellis, her genial husband and the chef-owner, has continued the legacy and I shall certainly be returning to Aphrodite for many years to come for my spinakopita, souvla and galatobouriko.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“Yes, we will go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Not that easy to find and the decor is, well, kitsch. But the welcome was very warm and the service excellent. A number of appetisers were on the table in no time, one of which, the spanokopita, wasn't actually on the menu - but was absolutely delicious. The aubergine dip, melizanosalata, was particularly good. The kleftico was excellent - fresh, tasty and delicately seasoned. The retsina was Kourtaki which isn't my favourite - I like it more piney.

• Visited October 2012