We were very disappointed with our 4 night stay at Arinza apartments, Toxteth, Liverpool.
The advertisment and photos on the website looked appealing. We thought our family of 2 children and 2 adults would be comfortably accommodated, this however was not the case.
The problems we encountered were as follows:
1. We requested accommodation for 4 members of our family. Only sleeping for 3 people (1 double and 1 single bed) was available on arrival. A small camp fold out bed was later made available for our youngest child.
2. Mattress in the master bedroom was tiny and extremely uncomfortable, the springs of the mattress were sharp and could be felt sticking out on the surface of the mattress.
3. Room was advertised as "non smoking" however, there was a very strong smell of stale cigarette smoke in the building and in the bedrooms. Our clothes and kids toys smelled badly afterwards.
4. The room was advertised as having a washer and dryer. In fact, there was no dryer, just a washer that had black mould spores in it. The person in charge at the flats advised that not all rooms have the washer and dryer (despite it being advertised as so).
5. The room is advertised as having a welcome pack of bread, jam, butter, milk coffee, tea and other such items for breakfast. We had relied on this and were disappointed to find only a few sachets of coffee , tea and sugar. No other items were available.
6. The area of Toxteth is not the prettiest in Liverpool. After touring Liverpool we realised we had chosen a very poor location to stay. There are much nicer parts of Liverpool. The flat is located on a corner block and our outlook was a busy main road on one side and a carpark on the other. There are evident problems that the apartment is situated in an area of crime, signs in the apartment warn you not to leave any windows open at any time. Even our cab driver commented that we were located in a bad area. Whole streets nearby are boarded up and deserted.
7. There were no smoke alarms inside the flat and it would be quite dangerous and difficult to get out of there if there was a fire.
8. We paid 100 pounds per night - in hindsight we would have taken our money elsewhere and found something that had better value in a better part of the city.
Most disappointing was that when we arrived home, we emailed the apartment management to express our concerns and were met with a response that basically denied any problem but offered us a 10 percent discount on our next stay with them!! Needless to say this won't be happening. So hopefully this review will warn others to be wary about Arinza apartments in Liverpool.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.